I think I want a F6B, convince me. - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: I think I want a F6B, convince me.

I believe that some people stay on or go back to motorcycle forums and make negative comments after buying another brand for entertainment.
    Unless they are totally out of their minds,they have to know they are going to ruffle some feathers.
    When someone like me responds defending the motorcycle(in this case the F6B) they must get some kind of pleasure knowing they pissed them off.
    Others can go for the BS that they are just voicing their opinion and comparing brands,etc.
    I am not going for it.
    When I get rid of a motorcycle,side by side or whatever that I was on a forum related to it,I leave the forum.
    I have nothing to contribute in a positive manner after getting rid of that machine.
    If I didn't like the machine I sure as heck would not keep coming back on the forum talking about the negatives to people who love them.
    I would think that they should take the time they are wasting bashing the motorcycle you did not like and sign up on a forum to learn all you can about your new motorcycle.

Doug

Three days of solid riding on my F6B last weekend. No back pain.

One day on my Sportster yesterday. Back pain today.

I know the Sporty isn't a straight up comparison but It's a bike that I love and WANT to ride, so it's worth the price. The F6B is a no brainer for a long trip and riding to work everyday, pain free.

I would like to retract the statement that I will not buy another Harley. Who knows the future. Harley may develop and design a water cooled smooth balance bagger. Right now, in may life I'm looking at the F6B, seems like it could be the right bike for me at this time. I enjoyed the 20 years I rode Harleys, fun time in my life. As I get older things change,

Greg,
    what it all comes down to is what is going to be the best motorcycle for you at any given time.
    As a wise friend of mine used to say.."That is why they make different color paint!"
    Whatever you choose,I hope your journeys are safe and pleasurable for you.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    I say go test ride one.

Then, you will buy it.
    Yep !!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Greg O. I understand ya. Buying a bike is a big decision. Especially since you haven't rode for 4yrs. I can't say enough good about the f6. Although I'm having a hard time meshing with this bike you may end up loving it. My advise is go to the dealer and demo one. Goodluck with your decision

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I would like to retract the statement that I will not buy another Harley. Who knows the future. Harley may develop and design a water cooled smooth balance bagger. Right now, in may life I'm looking at the F6B, seems like it could be the right bike for me at this time. I enjoyed the 20 years I rode Harleys, fun time in my life. As I get older things change,
    Greg i'm right there with you. Very situation I'm in, minus the back issues. coming off of several Harley's, last one a 2013 ultra. great bike, except, never could get comfortable on it. I'm only 43, but I guess the need for the Harley name has left me. The F6B is a great looking bike, more importantly, I think the bike would just fit me better. I'm here to find out all I can before I buy one. Great info on this forum. The search function is your friend.

I can tell you that I have scoliosis and a little arthritis in my lower back.
    I have had Ultra Classics,Royal Star Ventures,Moto Guzzis,etc.
    NONE and I mean NONE,have given me the comfort that this F6B has.
    The only thing that I have to do is buy highway foot rests.
    I need to have the option to stretch my legs.
    I am going to order them today if I could just make up my mind.
    Rivcos are out.
    Too much money and legs are too close to the heat coming off the engine.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I'll help you.

-I don't know the exact model, but it had half the alphabet in it,

-he fell in love with the 40th anniversary edition of the GL1800 in two tone black and red.
    +100
    Alphabet soup.lol
    I like the 40th too.

The F6b does have a plush ride when the rear spring preload is set on the low side. That's the ticket for back pain, don't forget posture and stretching and exercise, etc.
    But I'm with Brian D. regarding long term ownership, just not loving the Honda experience. I've been riding non stop since the seventies. I just prefer a more mechanical, less refined machine.