I think I want a F6B, convince me. - Page 6
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: I think I want a F6B, convince me.

I'm going to try to test ride one next week. Now if I decide to buy what year to buy. I know I would want the deluxe in Black. The new 2013's are a steel, but the cruise is a must for me and the new exhaust tone from the 2015 sounds like a big difference from the 2013 from what I've read on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I'm going to try to test ride one next week. Now if I decide to buy what year to buy. I know I would want the deluxe in Black. The new 2013's are a steel, but the cruise is a must for me and the new exhaust tone from the 2015 sounds like a big difference from the 2013 from what I've read on here.
    2013 & 2014 come in black, 2015 will have to be painted black.

Only 2015's have OEM cruise.

Can you put factory cruise on a 13 or 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Can you put factory cruise on a 13 or 14.
    Not that I am aware of. The choices are throttle locks or -------- for '13 and '14.

If you want a deal, buy a 2013/14. If you want the latest and greatest, buy a 15. IMO it's worth the money. I paid full price for my 13 model two years ago. If I was in a position to trade up for a 15 I would in a heartbeat. (I'm still upside down on mine because of my trade in)

I was told a few days ago a dealer can adapt a cruise control to a 13-14,but it is about $1200.00 to do so.
    I have not verified this as I would not pay that for cruise.

Doug

Seems pricey to me. May have to get a throttle lock, I had one on my Fatboy years ago. Why doesn't Honda make kits, like stereo upgrades, nav, cruise, all factory stuff. That's what Harley does.

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    I was told a few days ago a dealer can adapt a cruise control to a 13-14,but it is about $1200.00 to do so.
    I have not verified this as I would not pay that for cruise.

Doug
    If that includes labor, that appears cheaper than the --------.

Greg. I can't answer why Honda doesn't make kits for stereo etc. my advice would be find a left over 13-14 in black if that's the color you want. Coming from harley there is a chance you may not like this bike. I got addicted to the acceleration but after about 2months of ownership that quickly wore off for me and now I find myself not enjoying this bike. I would def not pay full price for a 15 just cause it has cruise. Honda royally screwed everyone who paid near msrp when these bikes weren't selling like they thought and then Honda dumped the price bye the end of this summer the 15s will drop in price also. I would hate for someone to make the mistake I made as well as others and pay full msrp and not like the bike. These f6bs do not hold there value anywhere close to a hd or a full wing. Choise wisely unless you have deep pockets. Just my 2cents. Also if your last bike was an ultra you may wanna consider a full wing

I have had upper back pain issues for years now, I'm 43. I just bought this bike Saturday and it was starting to hurt an hour later. I also know it has been 5 1/2 years since I've ridden and my body has to get used to it. I think curvy roads are the best answer for me.....