Just bought Helibar - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just bought Helibar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Helibars will tell you no on installation of risers. Say they're not needed. I didn't need them as I found what seems to be my perfect fit. However, I don't see why you couldn't use risers if you had a mind to.

I'm really a short guy with short arms. I like this idea of using risers with helibars. I wud luv to get Ultimate midrider seat but will loose 1 inch by giving up on mustang. I read somewhere that Ultimate is narrower in the front and that helps for short guys. Is that right ?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Hey Andrew I'll sell them back to you for a small fee

J/k of course.

I have both your Rocky's and also the MBL risers coming for testing. I'm sure I'll be happy with either of these. If you want me to put the Rocky's back in the mail, just let me know; seriously, no issues.
    It's ok. The product is fine---- just not perfect for me. The B is a hard bike to get to fit me. The stock seat had me jammed to far forward, but the Rockys Risers had the bars fine. Then add the Mustang seat and I am farther back and lower which hurts with the knee angle not to mention that the risers don't bring the bars back enough with the Mustang seat. Kind of a clamshell riding position. So I get the Ultimate King seat which puts me back where my legs finally are not cramped with the Kury Mini Boards, and I sit higher. While it is not terribly high, now the bars are too far forward and to get them back to me, makes them kind of low since the King seat is higher. BTW-did I mention I am on my 3rd windshield, too?

Still love the bike, but making it fit me is very expensive. Sometimes it is a disadvantage being big.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    It's ok. The product is fine---- just not perfect for me. The B is a hard bike to get to fit me. The stock seat had me jammed to far forward, but the Rockys Risers had the bars fine. Then add the Mustang seat and I am farther back and lower which hurts with the knee angle not to mention that the risers don't bring the bars back enough with the Mustang seat. Kind of a clamshell riding position. So I get the Ultimate King seat which puts me back where my legs finally are not cramped with the Kury Mini Boards, and I sit higher. While it is not terribly high, now the bars are too far forward and to get them back to me, makes them kind of low since the King seat is higher. BTW-did I mention I am on my 3rd windshield, too?

Still love the bike, but making it fit me is very expensive. Sometimes it is a disadvantage being big.
    Attachment 14329

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post

I hear ya pal. I can tell you're a man with precise tastes

I intend to try both risers (Rocky and MBL) and then re-sell on here whichever one I don't like best. If I end up re-listing the Rocky's, I'll at least give you first shot at them.

It is strange how perfect the seat to bars felt in the showroom and on the two test rides I took. But anything over a few hundred miles and that nasty pain between the shoulder blades is on me. I plopped in a set of risers and there is an improvement, but not solved. What exactly is wrong to make the blade pain? Are the bars too narrow or to wide? I'm six foot and around 210. Don't get me started on how cramped this thing is around the cylinder heads. Size thirteen here.

Supporting Vendor Goldwing Werks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    I just made a payment for helibars to Keith @ glowing werks. Man I hope they are comfortable and work for me. I need some serious pullback and better wrist angle. Being a short rider I definitely need some pullback. I told my dealer it shud take 2 hrs to finish the Job and he said fine.

I really hope Honda comes with reverse next yr here in US.
    Thanks for the order. Enjoy your new LST Heli Bars.

Helibars will tell you no on installation of risers. Say they're not needed. I didn't need them as I found what seems to be my perfect fit. However, I don't see why you couldn't use risers if you had a mind to.
    Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    I'm really a short guy with short arms. I like this idea of using risers with helibars. I wud luv to get Ultimate midrider seat but will loose 1 inch by giving up on mustang. I read somewhere that Ultimate is narrower in the front and that helps for short guys. Is that right ?
    Hey Guys,
    I just installed my helibars and kept my MBL wide risers on. I'm glad that I did.

I did some measuring of my modified bars (see old thread) and the new helibars. And without the MBL risers, they would have been too much the same - meaning not much benefit.

So, everything fit and I like having the extra height and extra pull back.

I'll give more comments after actually riding with them. Just wanted to let any new owner know right away about the risers.

Stats: Mustang seat, 5' 10" w/ long arms. Now maybe I can sit back far enough to use some of that Mustang seat backrest.
    Albuquerque, NM

So.... Andrew... sure you don't want the Rocky's back now? Send me a pm or they're goin on the bike tomorrow

How much pullback do the Helibars give you before they're below stock height?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    So.... Andrew... sure you don't want the Rocky's back now? Send me a pm or they're goin on the bike tomorrow
    Lol! Not right now. I took the front apart to install the Rockys--then again to adjust them--then again to install the Helibars. Not sure I want to tear it apart again. I am still adjusting, but it appears I am the only B owner not totally in love with the Helibars.

My concern is the cables and clutch/MC lines are going to be long enough as far back as I want/need them. Still thinking, George.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]