Who runs a Belly Pan.....and why - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who runs a Belly Pan.....and why

Agreed on removing. If it's perforated that will work.

Like the dynamics testing.

Maybe we can do something like this.

http://youtu.be/MkhH3nl0glc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

This is a fun and interesting thread. But come on guys, you could put on a belly pan and stuff it with R15 insulation and not hurt the bike. It is a regulated water cooled engine, and you are just splitting hairs on "is it a bit cooler or not with a belly pan".

There was a thread on a different site about whether cooler was actually better or not. It had some good points.

Again, a fun and interesting thread, but really .....
    Albuquerque, NM

Curiosity, pure unbridled male curiosity. I agree with you but don't tell the others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    This is a fun and interesting thread. But come on guys, you could put on a belly pan and stuff it with R15 insulation and not hurt the bike. It is a regulated water cooled engine, and you are just splitting hairs on "is it a bit cooler or not with a belly pan".

There was a thread on a different site about whether cooler was actually better or not. It had some good points.

Again, a fun and interesting thread, but really .....
    You my friend are 100% correct, it is a liquid cooled engine, not air cooled.
    As long as there is coolant in the engine, coolant pump is working and radiators are flowing air the engine will only get so hot and you do want it hot(operating temperature) for max efficiency also that's why there is a thermostat in the cooling system to make sure it stays that way.

I never worried about any heat issues when I considered installing a BP on my F, my sole reason for the BP install was to see if the BP would help stability in strong cross winds and IMO for me it has and why I posted "I'm curious and would like to see how the wind really goes around, under and over a F6B/Goldwing".
    I believe the heat issue & BP is a non-issue on this engine........

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Roberts View Post
    Do you think air rushing past would create a venturi affect and suck hot air away.
    I really don't know.
    I'm very interested to see 53D's IR readings, especially oil sump external temps.
    That should put an end to all speculation.
    For Big Larry, I concur about the rad's being able to dissipate all the engine's heat. They're designed to adequately cool the engine in the desert's highest temps with no air flow except that created by the electric fans.
    My concern would be for the rubber hoses, exhaust pipes, gaskets, oil filter gasket, and anything else under the engine not directly cooled by the engine's cooling system.