Who runs a Belly Pan.....and why
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who runs a Belly Pan.....and why

Who runs a Belly Pan.....and why

Other than the obvious - protection - I'm interested in installed belly pans ? I've searched and haven't found a lot said....and some have removed them. louvered, armor plated, stainless ?? Are they worth the bother...is it easier the put on the lift ?? CAN YOU lift with it on?? I read the tips on installing w/scissor jack, but just don't here it talked about much.

I have the black one. Dicked it up trying to get it on a Harley trailer a little. Still works it just saved my frame. Some say it helps with aerodynamics, others say it holds in heat. I don't know if I notice any difference. It's easy to move out of the way when changing the oil filter. It blends nicely with the bike. I'd say it's mostly for looks and you can barely notice it. It's not that much money so what the heck.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I was thinking of the McGuyver , had one on a wing a few bikes back .

I still need to fix mine. The little screws that hold the two pieces together stripped out.

The only drawback I had was it would scrape on speed bumps. After I bumped up the rear suspension preload it wasn't as bad.

Question from the OP is why did I add the bellypan...maybe the obvious answer would be to add protection for the oil filter, coolant tank, and engine underside. I also like that it keeps the engine underside cleaner. Frankly, I just don't see any downside to it.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Question from the OP is why did I add the bellypan...maybe the obvious answer would be to add protection for the oil filter, coolant tank, and engine underside. I also like that it keeps the engine underside cleaner. Frankly, I just don't see any downside to it.
    +1

Thanks all....

Much appreciated ! About the only thing not mentioned is the lifting aspect....But as I look, it's attached to the frame and maybe the middle rests on the engine (?) so it's strong enough ? ?Just seems like a lot of weight.....I guess best case scenario have a lift that's lifts both wheels.

Can you still have a center stand with a belly pan?