R.I.P. Gipper - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Gipper

He boosted the military right away...everyone got raises, morale, and we got stronger. I know because I got out in 77, it was so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    He boosted the military right away...everyone got raises, morale, and we got stronger. I know because I got out in 77, it was so bad.

That is the reason I did not join !!! My Dad retired in 75 and he said the military had changed so much and told me not to go in..... I join a local police department and retired from there...I guess it worked OK...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Being the caretaker of the local veterans memorial I posted a little reminder to the residents what day today was. We have a large Russian community and countless of them walked by, stopped and reflected on how great he was and how he started the demise of the Soviet Union. Americans, mostly younger, just passed it by. Hint: if you look at the photos I posted you'll see a familiar face. How he got here, was able to jimmy the lock on the display case, post his picture and slip away still remains a mystery. The authorities have been alerted and are combing surveillance tapes as we speak.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DDmcx6qfS1o

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    That is the reason I did not join !!! My Dad retired in 75 and he said the military had changed so much and told me not to go in..... I join a local police department and retired from there...I guess it worked OK...
    Good move! I went in right after HS in 74...Viet Nam was still officially a conflict. Promotions were frozen, transfers were frozen, everything stunk. You didn't even wear the uniform in public. I got stuck in Minot, ND for my whole time in....that's with an uncle who was a full bird colonel at the time who couldn't do anything.

Reagan...the greatest President in my lifetime. Since Reagan, we have gone further and further downhill and lately, well, I have no words (that I can say) for what has happened in the last 6 years .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I was too young to appreciate him when he was in office, but I definitely do now.
    +1000, Contrast is the great illuminator for those that can see.

shooter
    All I can say is I've always held the Man in the highest regards. We need more like him. Not too many political heroes these days. Not much that you can get behind. A lot of them you would like to hide behind the door. President Reagan stands alone in my lifetime as the one that did things right.

The Reagan era the start of the down fall of the middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by Denase View Post
    The Reagan era the start of the down fall of the middle class.
    Why are Americans submitted to being placed in classes? Why the need to single people out as being in a subclass? Here's a better try. Reagan expanded the opportunity to prosper in a capitalist environment by allowing people to keep, attain and invest more of their earnings and wealth. But there is a distinct side of the government that think you can tax a country and her people into prosperity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

One of the best was when U.S. Navy F-14 fighters intercepted the Egyptian airliner attempting to fly the Achille Lauro Palestinian hijackers to freedom and forced them down in Sicily.

BTW I was by Floyd Bennett Field, it's 5 minutes from me, and I took a shot of this plane which I've never seen there before. I'm sure someone will be able to identify.