Spyder F3--Just About Did the Unthinkable!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spyder F3--Just About Did the Unthinkable!

Spyder F3--Just About Did the Unthinkable!

I came close to trading for one the other day. After riding one, I was impressed with the smooth ride, great handling, impressive engine (1,330cc), Porsche-like exhaust. Was really tempted. But how could I give up my trike with the great storage, audio system, awesome power...and just as easy to drive after I installed a rake kit? Just couldn't do it. But, having said this, I can see why someone could buy one.

Could you give this up?

Attachment 14241
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2013 F6B Motor Trike Raptor

Test rode one last week, they're pretty cool and handle better than the trikes and sidecars I've tried. That being said they're really noisy and the F3 isn't an open road ride for very long. Be a b-h to clean all that exposed body work in my part of the country. If I just wanted back road cruising I think this is the perfect So Cal beach bike and if I had an oil well or two, I'd probably get one. Meanwhile I'm still happy with the Honda. But they're fun for sure.
    ss^,
    Ken

I rode one was not impressed... seemed like the old three wheelers to me... a lot of shoulder strenght to drive one...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by TnHeath View Post
    I came close to trading for one the other day. After riding one, I was impressed with the smooth ride, great handling, impressive engine (1,330cc), Porsche-like exhaust. Was really tempted. But how could I give up my trike with the great storage, audio system, awesome power...and just as easy to drive after I installed a rake kit? Just couldn't do it. But, having said this, I can see why someone could buy one.

Could you give this up?

Attachment 14241
    I like yours much more than a Spyder.
    2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Can't imagine trading your trike for a spider. It looks really good. Even if it is the "slow" red color.

wow TnHeath, first time i have seen your trike, VERY VERY nice!
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Hey, I met you in the lobby of mean city cycles. Glad you got it finished, Looks great. Cant imagine anyone trading for a spyder( sorry hornblower!)

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    Hey, I met you in the lobby of mean city cycles. Glad you got it finished, Looks great. Cant imagine anyone trading for a spyder( sorry hornblower!)
    Did Hornblower trade too? Missed that post.... I know he is good friends with Deerslayer, but really?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

That's news to me Actually, Deerslayer talked me into going to look at Spyders and I was somewhat intrigued with the F3 but not enough to buy one. I don't see going that direction anytime soon.
    Ken (Hornblower)

I think it's just the wanderlust in us that makes us look around at other rides. I traded in a Valkyrie and a 650 V-Strom for my F6. Of the two, I miss the V-Strom the most and am constantly reading tests and reports on the new mid size(650-800cc)ADV Bikes. I've only had the 6 for a year, but I can see myself going back to an ADV bike.