Rear Backrest clarification!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear Backrest clarification!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    wow, glad I bought the Deluxe!
    You paid for it in the higher purchase price!!!!

Attachment 15368
    Here is a pic of the extender on my F6B trike my wife loves it and for us is worth the price.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

backrest extension pic

This is what it looks like on my bike. The wife loves it.

Installed Back Rest

Finally got all the pieces and parts together and installed my stock backrest. Thanks to everyone for their wisdom and part suggestions. Off for a ride tonight to see if the wife is happy about it or if I need to add the extension piece to raise the cushion up. Only real problem I had was getting the rear cover back on over the bosses that stick through for the back rest to attach to. Thanks again for the help everyone!!

Backrest Extension

I had a backrest extension installed on my deluxe while up at Laconia last month, and agree with other posters here that it makes a huge difference for the passenger - my girlfriend is way more comfortable, simply due to the backrest being elevated just a matter of a few inches. Now the backrest fits perfectly against the small of her back, giving her much better support and a much greater sense of security.
    I picked the extension up at the Ultimate Motorcycle Seats tent at the racetrack at Laconia while my buddies were test riding bikes. Ultimate's president (Des) was there and installed it at no additional charge.
    Price was only $45, and the install only took a few minutes. Money very well spent.

Bike night test ride!

After heading out last night with the wife to the local bike night, the wife likes the height of the stock pad!! I really didn't like the looks of the back rest period but happy wife is happy life lol. So not wanting a tall backrest is fine with me.