Bucket List Ride Destinations - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucket List Ride Destinations

I hope you prove the doctors wrong. Most of the ones I know are anti-motorcycle so they don't know it all. If you decide to go to Yellowstone, Beartooth Pass just north of Yellowstone is THE ride and the Chief Joseph Scenic Byway to the east of the park is great. You're on top of the world when you're riding Beartooth.

I hope you get to make all the suggestions from all these guys more than once. Good luck and have a blast!

Another vote for Glacier Nat'l Park...make sure you get there in VERY late June (or later) when the "Highway to the Sun" is open.
    A trip I'll NEVER forget.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Hang in there mike! None of us are guaranteed tomorrow, today is all we have. Live and love to the fullest every minute! Rocky Mountain National Park's trail ridge road.
    Crests at over 12000 ft.

What about Nova Scotia, wait I got a better Idea. What about the Four Corners of North America. Besides hitting the parks in between. Hit Tiajuna, Ca to Seattle, Wa. hit the parks out west then travel to Key West then up to Nova Scotia. May god bless you with much longer life then the Docs.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

I would head west to the Grand Canyon and follow the map Doug posted. Up through Utah (amazing), Idaho, Wyoming, then slip over to South Dakota to Sturgis, the Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Devil's Tower, then down through Colorado on the Million Dollar Highway and maybe down into New Mexico to Taos. I could go on. Or don't make a plan at all. Just pack your bike, stuff your pockets with cash and take off.

Good luck my friend. If you come to Arizona let me know. I'll come guide you on a little tour if you like, if I can get off work. I'm off on weekends. Grand Canyon, Sedona, Jerome and Prescott are just a few cool places to visit.

Sorry to hear of your situation. If you get to the upper mid-west, we don't have mountains, but do have some good roads following the Mississippi river, or trips around the great lakes are pretty decent. Good luck!

Glacier, Rocky Mountains, Key West, and following the Mississippi all sound fantastic. Bobbyf6b: I if I get to AZ, which I'm sure I will, I'm buying the first beer. LOL. Thanks for all the well wishes. Good news is I feel fantastic at the present time. No telling when it might turn bad, and not much I can do about it anyway, so why make it problem today? Unfortunately, it's a rare form of incurable cancer. The survival rate is literally zero. The best they can do is try to give me longer to live, but the outside limits of the survival time is about 20 months. The cancer didn't respond to the first line of chemo so my odds dropped pretty dramatically. If I follow what has happened to the average patient, I have until sometime between Labor day and Thanksgiving. I'd love to meet as many new friends along the journey as I can. Again, thanks for the positive thoughts--who knows, I might beat the odds--somebody has to, right? LOL.

Mike

Hey Mike, sorry for hijacking, and if you wouldn't mind sharing... what's got you troubled; cancer?

EDIT: Oops... I see you gave some details 5 minutes before I posted this. Do you have 2nd and 3rd opinions on treatment... and or diagnosis?

Mike,
    Prayers for you and yours. Should you make it to NW Florida, I've got room at the "inn."
    Not a lot of great twisty riding, but you can ride year round....
    Navarre beach's claim to fame is it has the whitest sand in the world.
    Also the Naval Aviation Museum onboard NAS Pensacola is a great time if you are into aircraft.
    Slainte,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I can vouch for the sugar sand at Navarre. Beautiful area. If you go there, stop here on I45 in Huntsville TX. Lunch will be on me.

New Zion Missionary Baptist Church Barbeque

We can have a word with the lord over some ribs, pecan pie and sweet tea.

http://youtu.be/mfgvnPHBOXw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver