Bucket List Ride Destinations - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bucket List Ride Destinations

Pacific coast highway, northern CA...

I'm heading to New Hampshire 20 June for a week if your planing on being around there I would be honored to ride with you. If not if you make it to my neck of the woods you have a place to rest and I can show you some beautifully rides.

God has given us quite a creation to enjoy

Sorry to hear of your assessment from the doctor. Remember, he is only practicing medicine. You can beat it. My prayers are for you to grow closer to our Creator.
    Having ridden my Gold Wings for 175,000 miles in the lower 48 states I really enjoyed Colorado Rocky Mountains. Mt Evans just outside of Golden, CO is magnificent. I have taken a picture of all my Gold Wings at the same spot - Echo Lake at 10,500 feet. Then continue on to the top at 14,200 feet. The highest black top road in North America!
    You can hear the voice of God from there! Durango, CO to Ouray, CO is also amazing. Ride it both directions. It is called the million dollar highway for a reason. And no guard railings to block your view. Let me know when you go and I will try to meet you.

If you need a place to rest in central FL let me know...doors open!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I would say Banff and Jasper national parks are the closest thing to God's country on this here earth.
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pacific Coast Highway from Santa Barbara all the way north.

The Lord be with you in your ENTIRE journey!!

Bless you.

Remember you have a lot of friends from around the world on your side. Just sometimes. life really sucks!

Cheers and best Chris

My list would be:

Darwin via the Barclay and Stuart Highway
    Broome via the Savannah Way
    Alice Springs via the Stuart
    Ularu and Kings Canyon
    Albany and Esperance
    The great Australian Bite via the Nullarbor, and
    The Great Ocean road

These are probably a bit far for a weekend ride though.

Guys: The three things I've realized are really important are: (1) Make things right with family and use a supposed tragedy to bring them together. They will be better for it and it will be part of your legacy; (2) Let the anger go and find joy by finding a sense of "gratefulness" for what you have. Gratefulness makes it impossible to be unhappy; (3) Pray, meditate, open your soul, whatever you call it, but get in touch with the ONE. He will keep you grounded; (4) Realize how short time really is and take every advantage to not just "enjoy" yourselves, but to find true purpose.

I was really moved by all the well wishes. Just remember guys, I'm not dead yet. And as you have said, no one (well ONE person) knows when my time will come. I'm strong and my mind is right (most of the time). So, no worries. I'm good with God and prepared to come home when called. In the meantime, the approach of the inevitable is making me keenly aware of all the great things in our country and others. I just hope I can see as much as possible with the time I have. In the meantime, I'm closing down my law practice and finishing up work for a few of my special clients, so the trips will have to be interspersed with some business time constraints. My greatest hope is to return with a list of new friends and memories. These responses are in no particular order, and I apologize for those I may have missed (all are heartfelt and helpful):

Bert: I plan to prove the docs wrong unless the boss has other plans. Someone has to be the exception to all those stats, right?

53Driver: Your kindness restores my spirit in our fellow man. Well, all of you do, really. The wife and I packed up our four teenagers (yikes) and a neighbor kid (yeah, we're gluttons for punishment) and jammed them all into a rented A-class RV that we drove to Navarre Beach. We LOVED IT! Stayed at an RV resort on the beach, and one day, took the RV down to the public beach and parked it in the back of the parking lot. When lightning and storms rolled in, we held up in the RV and took in a movie (no, it wasn't "Twister," lol) in air-conditioned comfort, ate a few sandwiches, and then went back out to an empty beach when the weather rolled past. It was great. We LOVED that trip.

HiFlyer: Right on brother--minute my minute, day by day, week by week. It makes EVERYTHING sweeter.

Fla Rider: Four corners IS on my bucket list. I've always wanted to ride the area around Durango.

Bobby: You and I have the SAME philosophy. Return this flesh and blood equipment well worn and well traveled, with scratches, scars, and unforgettable memories. I can nap later, brother.

Largo: I've had a 2nd opin and working on getting a 3rd. You know what opinions are like right? Everyone's got one.

As for the docs: they are trying and I appreciate them. Medicine isn't an exact science. In fact, a lot of times it's a bit like fixing a car by educated trial and error. I'm going to keep trying and hope to find the treatment that is uniquely right for me.

In the meantime, I'm getting the bike on Mon. Change of plans. I thought I was getting a Red one, but it's actually a black 2013 base model. The wife's gonna drive me down (Searcy Ar) to get it, and I'll ride it the 350 mi back. I might just make a detour up the Talimena Trail.

I'm getting THAT feeling boys, you know the one--it keeps you awake in your bed thinking about the beast in the garage? Yep, that one.

Mike

Well written Mike. Words of wisdom - no doubt.
    Raise a glass to that feeling - Christmas morning, beast in the garage.
    Everyday should be like that.
    Cheers!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by kcmike View Post
    I'm getting THAT feeling boys, you know the one--it keeps you awake in your bed thinking about the beast in the garage? Yep, that one.