To go a long with the, do you wear a helmet thread. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: To go a long with the, do you wear a helmet thread.

shooter
    I always wear a jacket. No exceptions. Joe Rocket mesh in the heat. Joe Rocket insulated in the cold. I actually believe it is cooler to wear the mesh in the summer than short sleeves. The mesh saves you from direct sunlight and sunburn. A full mesh coat flows a lot of air.

I don't get direct sunlight on my arms because I wear armpro compression sleeves.
    They are not to look like you have fake tattoos which some people actually believe.
    Mine are SPF 90.
    Also with these when you get hot you just run your arm under cool water.
    Even in the heat you stay cool for a couple of hours.
    With the compression your arms do not get fatigued as fast either.
    They are worth every penny.

http://www.missinglnk.com/default.as...ore&zcid=19968

Doug

Those look nice Doug. Thanks, I owe you one. Have to admit my arms do get burned, but chiks dig the farmers tan. I received my JR mesh jacket and it was hot hot hot and not for the chiks. I'll have to try and force myself to keep trying to wear it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I still wear a t shirt way too much of the time or at best a vest. Wish I could find something that was wearable in the heat, least I've got Kevlar in the riding jeans.
    ss^,
    Ken

shooter
    I don't know. What's hot to some is bearable to others. At one point in my life I worked on a blast furnace for ten years. Five years heating steel and five years melting lead. I learned a lot about managing heat during that time. Anyone that says heat don't bother them is probably working in an air conditioned office. My wife will tell you she loves summer. She goes from an air conditioned house to an AC SUV to an AC office. My head is hanging over a 210 degree motor all day. I get home she wants to sit out on the deck. Sure , go ahead. Everyone has their limits. Honestly the mesh doesn't bother me but I can see it being too much for some people. It gets hot here. We get the heat and humidity. Sunday it was 93 with 80% humidity. That's tough. And it gets worse. You just have to hydrate and ride in the shade. That's a joke guys. Wifey says I don't ride in the shade and that's why she gets hot. I've been trying to figure out how to do it but it ain't working.

ATGATT.

I have mesh armoured everything for the hot days.

Full face helmet, jacket with protection, mesh on hot days leather on normal days and always riding specific boots. Also wear riding pants with protection at least 50% of the time.

Was 31celsius here today and put on 400 kms with my mesh jacket, gloves, full face and diamond gusset jeans. Always have water in the bags and never have an issue.

Beagle

When it get's so hot it is not enjoyable to ride,I won't.
    By wearing a jacket,that shortens my riding season substantially.
    We only get 6 months at best as it is.
    When I am hot while riding that is all I think about.
    What is the fun in that?

Doug

I would never let a jacket interfere with my riding. I swear, the hottest I ever was in one was at night, stuck in a 4 mile traffic jam coming back from a bike event in Lowell, Mass. It was humid as all heck and I was dying. I still will never go without. I hope everyone rides safe and nothing happens, but it only takes one fall...ask me. I was in full gear and it could have been bad.

I always wear the jacket,gloves,and riding boots mainly because I have some road rash scars from my younger years that remind me why.
    They say we get wiser with age but my wife still says I'm a boy in mans clothes.