tire milage? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tire milage?

Re: 20,768...
    I keep my pressures at 38-40 psi front and rear.
    And I try to keep my acceleration and braking within reasonably accepted norms (but I don't baby her, either).

Bobby, because the originals lasted so long, I did specify the AZ formulation from Wing Stuff when I ordered my replacements.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Cool

20K+ on the front...#41...rear 15K...but I was hot for a CT on the rear...could have gone more !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Only got 8k on the back. Could have gotten more but I neglected the tire pressure. Probably too low cause my tread cupped and was hummin real bad when in a twisty. Changed the front at 9k cause it was at the wear bars. I ride 2up a lot but wife only weighs 115lbs. I have to admit though I am pretty heavy on the throttle. Out of 1rst gear by 3k. 4k and up the whole way to 5th.

less mileage

Well Tire wear is the only negative I've found on the flat 6 bagger. Since changing from Harley dresser I've had no regrets and have big smiles . On the Harley I would go through 2 rear tires to one front.Usually 15000 to each rear The F6B wears about the same front and rear getting far less mileage than the Ultra Classic did. In defense of the F6B I have a tendency to ride it much more aggressively than I did the Harley due to the greater available power.(also because of my Harley riding buddies desire to stop eating Honda fumes)
    Over all I love the bike but can't say I'm happy with tire wear.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Well Tire wear is the only negative I've found on the flat 6 bagger. Since changing from Harley dresser I've had no regrets and have big smiles . On the Harley I would go through 2 rear tires to one front.Usually 15000 to each rear The F6B wears about the same front and rear getting far less mileage than the Ultra Classic did. In defense of the F6B I have a tendency to ride it much more aggressively than I did the Harley due to the greater available power.(also because of my Harley riding buddies desire to stop eating Honda fumes)
    Over all I love the bike but can't say I'm happy with tire wear.

He's Alive! Dickie where you been?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Well, I made it!

After 11,200 miles on the original 'stones' my tires have half the tread of new ones! I covered the western 15 states and stayed off the interstate roads. Since I got the F6B for my
    65th birthday I really enjoyed the many National Parks. They are free for us older riders! Badlands, Mt. Evans and Echo Lake, Grand Canyon, Four Corners, Monument Valley, Hoover Dam, Mohave Desert, Nixon and Reagan museums, Hiway one, Golden Gate bridge, Avenue of the Giants, Crater Lake, Columbia River Road, water falls, Yellowstone, Big Horns.
    Never got rained on! Amazing. Friendly folks in all states! Col 3:17

All those places you went and we didn't get a single picture?

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

LIST

AWESOME RIDE LIST

I hate to admit it ... but I do not know how add a picture to these threads!

I got 20K + out of my front and took off the rear at 15k to go Darkside !!! Yes this tire has 20K miles on it!!! No Chicken strip...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com