tire milage? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: tire milage?

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Thread Follow up - Getting ready to change back tire again, may go CT current milage is ~28k that means both set of stones on the rear lasted 14k.
    You make me feel good! My General G-Max delivered 30K miles! I'm currently on my second one and hope to get another 30K miles wear

7500 on the rear. My front has another 2-3000. I ride mostly twisties, and not slow. Just went darkside on the rear. Keeping the front for a few more miles then putting on a metzler 888
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Stock tires.

I got 17,500 miles out of the stock stones. Always check you tire pressure to get the life out of your tires. 40 front 42 rear works for me. I installed the Dunlap elite 4. Really like them so fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    20,768 miles - original skins at replacement.

Did you really get 20,768 miles on your rear tire?

I am at just over 20,000 miles and I only got 9500 miles on my first 2 back tires. I got 19,000 on my front.
    I don't know what I am doing wrong I have the FOBO TPMS and keep the rear at 42psi and the front at 40psi.
    Both rear tires were showing through to the belts at 9500 miles.

Maybe riding so fast is the problem / I average 75mph - 90mph on the highway and run fairly hard in the twisties.
    Steve

I swear these guys ride like old women

7200 miles my rear OEM Bridgestone was finished right to the wear bars. So it really depends on how you ride your bike as to how long the rear tire lasts. Now the front one I did get 12700 miles out of so the rear one was somehow related to a right wrist problem I seem to have.

Now that's what I would call a ride about! Nice trip! How bout some pics of it though?
    Regards,
    Sober Biker

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
    It is the illusion of knowledge."
    ~ Stephen Hawking

2016 Goldwing F6B - Yet to be named
    2013 Goldwing F6B - "Bat Bike" Traded
    2008 BMW K1200LT - "Da Couch"

How do you guys get so many miles. I keep the tire pressure at 40 front / 42 rear. I have the FOBO TPMS and I get warnings when the tires are low.
    Maybe I ride to hard??? I have a lot of highway miles because I ride 50 miles each way to work almost every day year round.

I got 9500 miles on the first tire / 9300 miles on the 2nd rear tire / I am at 270000 miles and I will need a new tire soon.