My understanding of Liquid Glass. Am I correct?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My understanding of Liquid Glass. Am I correct?

My understanding of Liquid Glass. Am I correct?

I bought a can of the stuff and no where on the can does it refer to it being a wax, just a polish. It states it is non abrasive but for it to work it has to have some abrasives in it.

It does polish but it does not protect, correct?

Therefore one needs to apply a WAX after using Liquid Glass to protect the paint.

Seem correct?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

No, just put it on, let t bake in the sun for an hour and wipe off. Do not get it on areas like the seat or any area that is not glossy paint because its hard to get off and not designed for that anyway. Even put it on the windshield and headlights, be sure all bug residue is off paint first. Do this then come back and tell us what u think. I know what you will say.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    No, just put it on, let t bake in the sun for an hour and wipe off. Do not get it on areas like the seat or any area that is not glossy paint because its hard to get off and not designed for that anyway. Even put it on the windshield and headlights, be sure all bug residue is off paint first. Do this then come back and tell us what u think. I know what you will say.
    I haven't used mine yet....still waiting to get the bike COMPLETELY CLEAN before I do, and then get a sunny day in. Weather is just not cooperating.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    I bought a can of the stuff and no where on the can does it refer to it being a wax, just a polish. It states it is non abrasive but for it to work it has to have some abrasives in it.

It does polish but it does not protect, correct?

Therefore one needs to apply a WAX after using Liquid Glass to protect the paint.

Seem correct?
    Liquid Glass is a Polymer and not a wax! It's formulated to bond to painted surfaces. If you read the "fine print" on the can it clearly states should it have to be removed steel wool and mineral sports are the recommended method. Do not apply it in a circular motion. Simply wipe it on, let it dry to a haze and remove. It is actually best to apply it in direct sunlight which bakes it on. The more coats applied the better the protection. It's good on windshields and clear plastic headlight covers. Follow the can directions and you'll be fine. Once applied a quick wipe down with "Lemon Pledge" or any liquid quick detailer is all you have to do to maintain the shine. LG is non-abrasive but when used on the F6B "soft paint" will leave paint color on the application cloth. Don't be alarmed. It happenes to everyone who uses LG.

Can I use it on my honda tall windshield?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    Can I use it on my honda tall windshield?

Yes---front and back !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Windshield?

I did not know about the windshield. Awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

So you guys put in on the glossy parts and the windshield, but leave the matte black and chrome portions untouched?

I have a Black F6B, FWIW.

Is this possible????

I already have a coat of paste wax in the bike from January. Is is OK to put the LG on top of the existing wax?
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I already have a coat of paste wax in the bike from January. Is is OK to put the LG on top of the existing wax?
    I did. I also had some pledge on it. It worked fine, but I'm sure the "purists" will tell you to use the LG cleaner first.