Has anybody put ape hangers on their F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anybody put ape hangers on their F6B

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    As far as I am concerned the F6B is an 800lb sport bike. (As you all know) I just tell people ride it and you will believe.

I had 12" mini apes on my HD Fatboy and it was the best thing I did for the bike.
    I even just bought mini ape handlebars and a new comfort seat to convert my pedal mountain bicycle into a cruiser. It is the best thing I did for the bicycle also.

As long as you don't go too high with them they are very comfortable and do not affect the handling in my opinion (I may be wrong).
    Steve
    Got the same mini-apes on my '95 Heritage. No handling problems noticed and she is often my demo bike at the BRC2 classes.
    OEM add-on floorboards scrape pretty badly, but that's part of the demo.......of what non stock parts can do.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

In Wisconsin and South Dakota (Sturgis) and several other states, they are illegal if the hands are above the shoulders, and they do give tickets! I never tried them, so I have no opinion as to comfort or handling.

As far as I am concerned the F6B is an 800lb sport bike. (As you all know) I just tell people ride it and you will believe.

I had 12" mini apes on my HD Fatboy and it was the best thing I did for the bike.
    I even just bought mini ape handlebars and a new comfort seat to convert my pedal mountain bicycle into a cruiser. It is the best thing I did for the bicycle also.

As long as you don't go too high with them they are very comfortable and do not affect the handling in my opinion (I may be wrong).
    Steve
    Was at my bike shop yesterday and almost did the mini apes as well...bike tech suggested a wider grip to disperse my upper body weight...great call went out last night great improvement ...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Ya mean like this?

If ya do it be sure to post pic and how much $ it cost to do.
    At the end of the ride his hands had to be pried off, and he could not talk there was not enough blood left in his head for his brain to function.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

There was a guy in Defiance, MO Saturday at a bar by the Katie trail that had ape hangers so High he must have had to stand up to reach them. The tail pipes came up so high I almost scraped my head as I walked past the bike while looking at the handlebars.

My F6B was the only non Harley I could see anywhere in the 50 -60 bikes. I just pulled up with Pink Floyd blasting and strode into the bar in my Gold Wing T-shirt and ordered a water (a wild hog I was) When I went back outside there were people hanging around drinking and they liked the F6B.

Saturday morning I went to the Yamaha demo truck to proove to myself how much I love the F6B over all other bikes. The Yamaha guys running the demos would not let me ride more than 7 bikes. I think it was because between rides some the guys were admiring my F6B. They were asking all kinds of questions and wanted to know how I liked it, what I paid etc...
    Steve

There was a guy in Defiance, MO Saturday at a bar by the Katie trail that had ape hangers so High he must have had to stand up to reach them. The tail pipes came up so high I almost scraped my head as I walked past the bike while looking at the handlebars.
    Something like this?

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Something like this?
    That's a bar hopper if I ever saw one.

You can save on deodorant with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    You can save on deodorant with that.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    That's a bar hopper if I ever saw one.
    How much horse power was available to move the bike after adding the weight of the pipes & bars?

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!