Friendly Reminder
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friendly Reminder

Friendly Reminder

If I may, I'd like to offer a friendly reminder to all of us regarding keeping our board "friendly". I say all of "us" because I, too, can border on being unfriendly at times It's normal to be passionate about some things and I suppose it's part of human nature to think we're right. With that in mind, may I say it's OK to state our personal opinions on any subject and, if fact, it's encouraged. What is NOT OK is to cite other's opinions as being wrong or stupid. That doesn't mean we can't disagree but we need to respect others and refrain from making personal attacks. I have seen more than one member withdraw from this board because they felt personally attacked or insulted. To be honest, I may have run off one or two myself. I, too, have a limit on what I can handle and may finally feel justified to respond. Sometimes, that is warranted and many of you can think of examples of that. Maybe you even asked...why did it take you so long? Most importantly, we have gathered here to learn from each other and the membership we have is a tremendous resource. So, let's make a renewed effort to keep it friendly (where we can) and respect each other as much as possible. Finally, some are more "thin-skinned" than others. To those I would say, try not to take things quite so personally. Believe it or not, it's not always meant that way.
    Ken (Hornblower)

10-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

I agree. Thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Be more Friendly! How's this

Now that's down right real Friendly!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Agreed. I'm pretty sure that we've seen enough posts with the word Liar. If we can't express another point of view or an opinion without making it personal, then maybe the winning value of this forum has been lost. It seems that the forum has deteriorated to mostly off-topic discussions regarding politics and disparaging others/ groups that are different rather focusing on the bikes. It was nice that this forum was not like Facebook, but that got lost somewhere. My best to all, and good bye.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by db24 View Post
    Agreed. I'm pretty sure that we've seen enough posts with the word Liar. If we can't express another point of view or an opinion without making it personal, then maybe the winning value of this forum has been lost. It seems that the forum has deteriorated to mostly off-topic discussions regarding politics and disparaging others/ groups that are different rather focusing on the bikes. It was nice that this forum was not like Facebook, but that got lost somewhere. My best to all, and good bye.
    Don't leave nothing can be gained doing that. We need you and each and every member here please reconsider and lets strive too make this group better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

Just about brought me to tears Hornblower.

Well said amigo.

Beagle

Some bullying does go on here, and definitely some old boy's club mentality as well.
    If you let it get under your skin, there's other forums out there that involve the F6B.
    Otherwise, ignore it and take from the forum what you need and contribute if you so desire.