Spot Satellite GPS Messenger

Thread: Spot Satellite GPS Messenger

Spot Satellite GPS Messenger

I was going to pick up the Spot 3 at West Marine today, unfortunately, they didn't get their delivery, however, they did have the older version. Spot is running a special on the 3, 50% off mail-in rebate gift card which brings it down to $74.00. I didn't want to make the trip for nothing so I bought the older version for $24.44, very happy. Signed up for the basic subscription and every other feature they had, a little over $200 for the year which includes track progress, product replacement, roadside, GEOS Rescue. Not a lot of money in the broad scheme of things for a little piece of mind for the misses.

SpotWalla

check out SpotWalla. It does a much better job of showing location and trip progress than the SPOT website does. The Iron Butt Rally uses SPOT through SpotWall to track all of its riders during the Rally. And... it's free!

https://spotwalla.com/index.php

I used the older version on my round Aust trip a while back and it was great, apart from the safety aspect, we had a heap of people following our trip on spotwalla

I highly recommend it

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by miramiramira View Post
    check out SpotWalla. It does a much better job of showing location and trip progress than the SPOT website does. The Iron Butt Rally uses SPOT through SpotWall to track all of its riders during the Rally. And... it's free!

https://spotwalla.com/index.php
    Thank you I signed up

Interesting... never heard of the unit...is that $200 per year for service ???
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Interesting... never heard of the unit...is that $200 per year for service ???
    Yep, it is on an ascending scale where basic service is $99 per year, roadside another $30, device replacement $18, etc. Here is a link for the product http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=102.

Quote Originally Posted by cosborn View Post
    I used the older version on my round Aust trip a while back and it was great, apart from the safety aspect, we had a heap of people following our trip on spotwalla

I highly recommend it

Chris
    If it can go through the outback it can handle mostly anything so I'll take that as a sound endorsement, thanks.

Certainly would come in handy when off the grid !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com