Show Chrome luggage rack question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show Chrome luggage rack question

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    I did use the Rack Mount Kit

There is no need to use the tapered bolt seats, as the OEM bolts are easily inserted through the Corbin seat unlike the OEM seat.

The tail of the Corbin seat extends beneath the luggage rack. There is only one way and one location to install the seat and all six seat bolts are properly located and used. I also found only one way/location to mount the rack. Am I missing something?

Attachment 14582
    I did not realize the back of that seat came back so far. I forwarded a link for this thread to our friends at Big Parts.

This issue isn't any different than the OEM backrest which also covers the back of the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    This issue isn't any different than the OEM backrest which also covers the back of the seat.
    Agreed, but the bolts for the luggage rack are not easily assessable like they are on the OEM backrest, making it a pain in the ass to remove and reinstall. I wouldn't care if the rack was easily removable.

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    I did not realize the back of that seat came back so far. I forwarded a link for this thread to our friends at Big Parts.
    I doubt that I am the first to discover this the hard way, but if they want to reward me for my discovery with a new, redesigned rack I would not turn it down Thanks for letting them know.

By the way, I purchased the rack from your shop Rick.