Heading to New Hampshire 20 June

Thread: Heading to New Hampshire 20 June

Heading to New Hampshire 20 June

Need advice on a few things
    1. Where should be my first stop, hotel. I'm thinking Bartlett?
    2. I see there are many beautiful roads but could someone recommend a "must do" route

I'm leaving New Bruinswick 20 June with a buddy who is on a CTX1300 and return 27 June.
    I'm thinking we can go straight to Laconia but can't seem to get a hotel near there tell Sunday when it's all over.
    Thanks in advance.
    Lloyd

Kancamagus Hwy

I spent a week riding in the northeast and based my camp in the White Mountains of NH. Of all the rides I've taken throughout the country, covering all the east coast states and out to the Rockies, the White Mountains of NH is my favorite place to ride. The Kancamagus Hwy is one you shouldn't pass up. Franconia Notch is a beautiful ride. Echo Lake is an unexpected surprise as well; a beautiful little lake tucked into the mountains. I camped a couple of miles from there. There is an abundance of waterfalls and rivers in the area. The. Basin and Flume Gorge are awesome stops (both in Franconia Notch State Park).
    If you spent a few days riding in the Franconia Notch area, you will have some rides that you will never forget. I saw 7 bears during my week there, including one at my campsite. He was enjoying my creamer while sitting on top of the picnic table as I returned from a ride. Crawford Notch is also nice.
    I live in the Midwest now, so I'm glad I took that trip. By far, it has been the best motorcycle trip of my life (so far).

Have fun,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Necanefan View Post
    I spent a week riding in the northeast and based my camp in the White Mountains of NH. Of all the rides I've taken throughout the country, covering all the east coast states and out to the Rockies, the White Mountains of NH is my favorite place to ride. The Kancamagus Hwy is one you shouldn't pass up. Franconia Notch is a beautiful ride. Echo Lake is an unexpected surprise as well; a beautiful little lake tucked into the mountains. I camped a couple of miles from there. There is an abundance of waterfalls and rivers in the area. The. Basin and Flume Gorge are awesome stops (both in Franconia Notch State Park).
    If you spent a few days riding in the Franconia Notch area, you will have some rides that you will never forget. I saw 7 bears during my week there, including one at my campsite. He was enjoying my creamer while sitting on top of the picnic table as I returned from a ride. Crawford Notch is also nice.
    I live in the Midwest now, so I'm glad I took that trip. By far, it has been the best motorcycle trip of my life (so far).

Have fun,
    Jeff
    Thanks Jeff, the Kancamagus highway will be one for sure,appreciate the reply. Funny Story.

That looks like an amazing area. Looks like I'm going to have to get to the East Coast someday.

I can't seem to get out of the North West as of yet. Heading to Mt. Rainer in July. Trailer shake down cruise\camping trip.
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Check the New England 2015 gathering that has been postponed....kevbuckley has some nice rides already mapped out. It's under trips and gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Check the New England 2015 gathering that has been postponed....kevbuckley has some nice rides already mapped out. It's under trips and gatherings.
    found it...3 maps!
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...mer-2015/page2

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Should have done that myself!

Thanks we will try those 3 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Should have done that myself!
    no problem...actually, I'm trying to figure oiut a multi-day ride. I was gonnas go to the event...maybe I'll check out New Hampshirem in a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    no problem...actually, I'm trying to figure oiut a multi-day ride. I was gonnas go to the event...maybe I'll check out New Hampshirem in a week or two.
    I'm expecting to be able to get a bike soon...Hoping...I'll be looking for rides, we'll see what happens.