Trip tools - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trip tools

the 25th I leave for a Yellowstone trip w/predominately Harley riders, I am pulling my Bushtec, they are hauling , on their bikes, what they need for a 10 day trip, I felt obligated to haul stuff to cover every bodies ass as much as possible so this is a preparation post I posted on our forum : 14516.1

Some talk this last weekend concerning Yellowstone and necessities in case of possible breakdowns or roadside maintenance. Concern was limited space for a 10 day trip w/out even hauling maintenance tools/supplies and people hauling duplicate items. As of this posting, this is what I am hauling. Tire plug kit,DOT "4" brake fluid,Jumper cables,300 Psi air compressor, foot pump, (2) 22 oz gas canisters, black duct Tape, electrical tape, 6/12 volt circuit tester, electronic ac/dc/olm testing devise, 4"/8"/21" cable ties, small/big vice grip, needle nose, adj wench lol, misc punch,files,wrenches, metric/standard 1/4 / 3/8", screw drivers, electrical splicing tool terminal kit, some lock tight, battery powered dremmel, hammer, can of tire /flat fix stuff, misc cleaning supplies and what ever else I figure out over the next couple of weeks.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Freakin' geeky as all hell, but I have one too!
    And, a 6x6 tarp, unless that's already part of your camping gear.

For some reason, bad things always seem to happen at night, in the rain.
    + 1 on the tarp.

I don't worry about fashion when I am crawling through attic fiberglass insulation or a crawlspace under the house, nor trying to see inside the cowling in the dark. My first priority is to finish the task at hand and get out (or back on the road) ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    the 25th I leave for a Yellowstone trip w/predominately Harley riders, I am pulling my Bushtec, they are hauling , on their bikes, what they need for a 10 day trip, I felt obligated to haul stuff to cover every bodies ass as much as possible so this is a preparation post I posted on our forum : 14516.1

Some talk this last weekend concerning Yellowstone and necessities in case of possible breakdowns or roadside maintenance. Concern was limited space for a 10 day trip w/out even hauling maintenance tools/supplies and people hauling duplicate items. As of this posting, this is what I am hauling. Tire plug kit,DOT "4" brake fluid,Jumper cables,300 Psi air compressor, foot pump, (2) 22 oz gas canisters, black duct Tape, electrical tape, 6/12 volt circuit tester, electronic ac/dc/olm testing devise, 4"/8"/21" cable ties, small/big vice grip, needle nose, adj wench lol, misc punch,files,wrenches, metric/standard 1/4 / 3/8", screw drivers, electrical splicing tool terminal kit, some lock tight, battery powered dremmel, hammer, can of tire /flat fix stuff, misc cleaning supplies and what ever else I figure out over the next couple of weeks.
    Lol
    throw in a CNC machine and a drill press and you could build an HD

Personally never leave home without them.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Can of Fix a Flat goes a long way and has saved me a couple times. At least it will get you to the next stop.

Small compressor

Quote Originally Posted by Pap View Post
    Good idea with the flashlight. I can wrap the duct tape around it to save space.

I will look for a small air compressor.
    Slime has a wonderfully small compressor that will inflate anything on your ride. Combine with some good plugs is all you will need for tire inflation and make sure your insurance carrier has road side assistance insurance incase you hit something that can't be fixed on the highway
    Just google Slime small Compressors and look at the 40019 compressor it comes with everything you need to hook it up to the bike
    I would also like to recommend the Stop and Go Pocket Plugger the one without the CO2 canisters cause if you have the compressor you don't need CO2.
    Both these pieces are very compact and don't take up a lot of room and work very well when you need them. Check them out.

Good Call Larry

The credit cards are a must have item, my buddy hit a piece of steel at a railroad track crossing and took out both tires on his ride, well when all was said and done, bike had to be picked up and hauled to the nearest dealer and two tires installed and balanced the bill was almost 8 hundred bucks. So yes, big plus on the credit cards

I have a Photon Micro lite on my keychain.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

That's not a flashlight!

Now that's a flashlight!

http://www.batteryjunction.com/fenix-pd22-g2.html

One of my EDC lights. If you've never seen the brightness of a CREE you ain't not seen nothing.

Also has SOS to flash that passing Coast Guard C-130 when you are lost in the desert or Yukon or downtown Brooklyn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

8, 10, 12 mm box wrenches
    8, 10, 12 mm sockets, socket driver, and extension
    5, 6 mm allen wrenches (or sockets)
    medium philips screwdriver
    medium flat screwdriver

^^^ These here will disassemble just about anything on the bike.

I'd be tempted to just fill the tires with Rideon and fuggedabout trying to lug a compressor around.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    8, 10, 12 mm box wrenches
    8, 10, 12 mm sockets, socket driver, and extension
    5, 6 mm allen wrenches (or sockets)
    medium philips screwdriver
    medium flat screwdriver

^^^ These here will disassemble just about anything on the bike.

I'd be tempted to just fill the tires with Rideon and fuggedabout trying to lug a compressor around.
    Thanks!
    This is what I was looking for so I didn't need to take sizes I didn't need.
    Just picked up some RideOn. Putting it in my front and new Darkside rear.