Anybody else just can't get comfortable?
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else just can't get comfortable?

Anybody else just can't get comfortable?

I have now tried the stock seat with the show chrome (aka smart mount) backrest, the mustang seat and now the ultimate mid rider with the driver back rest. I also have the kuryakyn pull back risers and mini floor boards. After some modifications to the show chrome back rest that setup is the best but it still hurts the bottom of my legs after a couple hundred miles. The mustang seat is the worst because I'm bent over due to no back rest and it feels like I'm squishing my liver. The ultimate has me up so high and close that my windshield doesn't work (large clearview) and the drivers back rest is very uncomfortable pushing on my mid to upper back. In order of comfort for me (6' 1" and 32" inseam) is from best to worst:

Stock seat with show chrome back rest modified and risers
    Ultimate mid rider with risers and no driver backrest
    Mustang seat with risers
    Stock seat with risers (no back rest)
    Ultimate seat with back rest and risers

The good news is I have become very good and fast at changing seats. The bad news is I've spent a fortune and now I've screwed up the padding on my stock seat while trying to modify it for the bottom of my legs. I'm about ready to punt and sell the whole damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by toy_collector View Post
    I have now tried the stock seat with the show chrome (aka smart mount) backrest, the mustang seat and now the ultimate mid rider with the driver back rest. I also have the kuryakyn pull back risers and mini floor boards. After some modifications to the show chrome back rest that setup is the best but it still hurts the bottom of my legs after a couple hundred miles.
    I too had trouble getting comfortable, tried the Ultimate, it's now being sold by the third owner, none of us liked being higher and pushed forward. Tried the Mustang, and that came off after just 15 miles with my bad back. I now use the stock seat again, with a modified backrest, and switch between riding with an Airhawk, or a mesh pad, or without any pad, and can say that I can make many many miles this way. Have ridden a 1k mile day doing this, and just last Saturday 450 miles in under 7 hours. I also get some use out of the Rivco highway pegs. I usually don't put both feet out, but one at a time to take some pressure off of each side of the old posterior. I don't care what bike I've had, I would get uncomfortable after some time. The above mentioned choices work for me.

Other than some buttcrackidis I find the stocker quite comfortable. At refill I stretch and unwind and dewedgie and then am ready for more. Sorry to hear your ills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Sounds a bit like me!

Setup# 1---Stock seat-- pushed me too far forward, but worked well with Klockwerks shield. Kury ERGO pegs helped--Rocky's Risers put the bars perfect. Went to the Baggershield for better wind management-not happy with looks

Setup# 2--- Went to Mustang seat. Set me too low, but I liked being pushed back with the Kury Mini Boards, but now reaching for the bars & knees are now higher than my hips and now you insert a beer gut between knees, well...

Setup# 3---Went to Ultimate King Boy. Set me way higher and back further. Loved that!!! Installed $800 Helibars and reaching still further--gerrrhhh--bought Rockys back--Kury Mini Boards and King seat work well. I just got to install the Rockys again below the Helibars and I should be good to go. Sooooo, it took me 3 seats, 4 shields and 3 (combined) risers/bars combo. If my wife knew what I have spent trying to make this bike fit...................Cry me a river
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As painful as it sounds both mentally and financially, maybe it is time to sell/trade the F6B's that don't fit and get yourself on a bike that is more suitable for your size and style...Riding is no fun, or enjoyable, when nothing but butts and backs begin to take away the experience!!..Sorry you guys are struggling so much...I am 5'9" about 195lbs and 75+ years old, and with the Mustang seat, Baggershield and stock bars, I am good to go until I get tired, then I get off, stretch for a few minutes and go again until I need to stop...Hope you can work things out...BTW, the absolute most comfortable bike with fairing, windshield, seat, bars, floorboards, etc..was my Victory Vision which I could ride for hours on the road with no dis-comfort at all...As I don't ride long distances much anymore I opted for the F6B on my last trade and truly love the thing....Nothing out there now I would even consider at this point...Ride safe

At 5' almost 9" , 31 sometimes 32" inseam, the seat, being wide in the front, spreads my hips far enough apart that it hurts. Imagine sitting in a computer chair and trying to spread your knees as far apart from each other as you can. It usually takes me about a month of riding to get back to were it doesn't hurt. With the Yellowstone trip less than 2 weeks away I am dealing w/a bit of a sciatic nerve issue in my left leg, very hard to get comfortable and makes the leg weak and hard to lift up off the peg...

Be carefull...nothing worse than not knowing if you foot is on the ground or not and even if it/you can hold up the bike...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I feel blessed now...

2 herniated discs, 30" inseam, 5'9" in the AM, 5'8" in the PM, 200 lbs +/- 5%.
    Stock seat, AeroPegs, stock handlebars, slipstream tinted shield (slightly higher than stock), 1000 mile day - no problem.

I confess I do take 2 ibuprofen prior to the get-go just to keep swelling down over a long day.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Cool

Sounds like we need to get around the tent at the rally and go over scars and ailments and meds......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I know there is the odd large rider that can make this bike work, but for many it just feels too cramped. Funny I didn't see it when I took two test rides. I loved the big flat seat and what I thought was a neutral riding position. But I can't get comfortable either and I'm not jazzed about changing anything. Thinking about selling, but still on the fence.
    2013 F6b Deluxe Black
    2000 Confederate Confederado
    1951 Harley Davidson Hydraglide