Anybody else just can't get comfortable? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Anybody else just can't get comfortable?

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    It appears that you have the custom backrest covered. Enjoy that trip. I've covered it a couple of times in July no less. Are you camping in Zion?
    Nope. Hoteling it. Probably staying at the La Quinta or Best Western. The La Quinta (which up until a few years ago that property was a buffalo /elk reserve) has an excellent pool / hot tub - with great views, which is excellent after riding all day and before sipping finely aged tequila.

Generally get out to Zion about 2 x's a year (lots of hiking) and this will be the first on the B. Looking forward to traveling hwy 12 on the B as well.

You? Any long distance travels in June?
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

Quote Originally Posted by adventurous1 View Post
    Nope. Hoteling it. Probably staying at the La Quinta or Best Western. The La Quinta (which up until a few years ago that property was a buffalo /elk reserve) has an excellent pool / hot tub - with great views, which is excellent after riding all day and before sipping finely aged tequila.

Generally get out to Zion about 2 x's a year (lots of hiking) and this will be the first on the B. Looking forward to traveling hwy 12 on the B as well.

You? Any long distance travels in June?
    Negative, later part of July to Cortez via Baker City/Twin Falls/Salt Lake/Grand Junction. Returning via Las Vegas for a couple of days, then north.
    Utah is a magical place. Sometimes it almost feels like life could have started there.
    Hwy 12 is beautiful up around Bryce/Cannonville.

Comfy TALL rider

At 6'4" and assortment of bionic parts with alloys and other exotic metals,L1 -L4 numerous broken bones and residual stiffness in many joints, I can only marvel how comfy this bike is.

34" inseam and size 15 boots are very comfortable laid out on a DL seat, along with Helibars, Ergo3 and Mini floor boards, and doing a 1000 miler is no issue.

Oh and a 20" Madstad, yup 20" and light gray tint and LED lights with Kisan modulators, listening to stock sound at 80 Mph on volume 10.

Comfort all the way around, see you in AR, riding up from CA.

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Negative, later part of July to Cortez via Baker City/Twin Falls/Salt Lake/Grand Junction. Returning via Las Vegas for a couple of days, then north.
    Utah is a magical place. Sometimes it almost feels like life could have started there.
    Hwy 12 is beautiful up around Bryce/Cannonville.
    Alright, rode w/ the 'Ride For Ronnie' (Dio) Cancer charity event. Bout 200 or 300 bikes - the only 'B' was mine (that I saw). Becoming more and more one with the bike. With all the accessories for comfort, I'm kinda diggin' it. I may (next yr) move the arm of my ergo III's downward and place a floorboard instead of the peg. Saw this look on a GW trike and it looked like it may be very comfortable.

Hey, since you mentioned Baker City and Twin Falls have you rode hwy 12 (ID), 99, and 55 from Missoula down thru Lolo Hot springs, riggins, McCall? Always dug that ride and may be able to do it on the B later this year.

Grand Junction? If you ever have the opportunity, go west of Grnd Junct to a small exit (hwy 128). The hwy isn't like driving on glass but smooth enough. About 1/3 of the way you'll begin to ride along the Colorado River and the Red Mtns all the way into Moab. As you're getting closer to Moab you'll start seeing rafters and tubers drifting down the river. In the hour and half ish I was one this hwy - may be saw 10 cars - and those were closer to Moab. Not to many cars on this old hwy.

Hwy 12 (UT)? Have you ever taken it all the way thru and /or from the North? About 15 min past Green River (East to West) off the 70, there's an exit (hwy 24). The first hour, it's a VERY LONE 2 lane blacktop. (We saw 2 cars in 1 hr). Take that south to Hanksville and then turn right / west (it's still hwy 24) and continue to Torrey - that's the North point of Hwy 12 (UT) - and take that south to Bryce. Friggen fantastic ride. Heading South from Torrey, you'll also traverse thru a heavy forest atop of boulder mountain - 9-11K foot.

There's a reason this one of the most scenic hwys in the world. The thing wasn't even fully paved until 1985.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne