Anybody else just can't get comfortable? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else just can't get comfortable?

6' 6" , 300lbs (on a good day), 36/37" inseam .... Stock seat with an AirHawk for longer rides, Utopia backrest, Comfort controls by Roadsmith, Honda tall windshield .... Works well for me.

I am considering moving the handle bars some, still get a little tingle in my left shoulder after a few hundred miles ...

6ft3 230-235 depends on how much pizza the night before. Can't get comfy on this bike at all. I love this bike but it's gone after this riding season. Don't know for sure what I'm getting yet but im not willing to dump money into this bike and hope to get more comfortable. My local yamaha dealer told me that yamaha is coming out with a whole new big cc ------r line. I also sat on the bmw k1600 and r1200rt and both were pretty comfy. Who knows... but I do know I'm giving alot of thought on my next bike.

I'm with you on that Brian. But I'm thinking about jumping ship sooner than later. The question is what to buy?
    Most all bikes feel cramped to me except Victories, but after owning two of them I'm not going back. The fit and finish has steadily declined on them and the transmission is atrocious.
    The Honda was a real leap for me, because I was never attracted to the looks or sound or the extreme level of refinement. But I thought I was going to rip off 500 mile backroad days (not the same a highway miles) in comfort on it. The thing is absolutely nowhere near comfortable for my body. So I'm left with a bike that just isn't working for me, and I'm shopping around.
    2013 F6b Deluxe Black
    2000 Confederate Confederado
    1951 Harley Davidson Hydraglide

Quote Originally Posted by tozco View Post
    I'm with you on that Brian. But I'm thinking about jumping ship sooner than later. The question is what to buy?
    Most all bikes feel cramped to me except Victories, but after owning two of them I'm not going back. The fit and finish has steadily declined on them and the transmission is atrocious.
    The Honda was a real leap for me, because I was never attracted to the looks or sound or the extreme level of refinement. But I thought I was going to rip off 500 mile backroad days (not the same a highway miles) in comfort on it. The thing is absolutely nowhere near comfortable for my body. So I'm left with a bike that just isn't working for me, and I'm shopping around.
    If I were thinking like you----

Indian. I was impressed with the Dark Horse or Vintage at the demo ride in Daytona. Hi quality and great ride. Dealer network would be a serious concern to me, so it depends what you have close by.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[Guys... this one's gonna be a hard message... but the best thing you can do to make riding long distances more comfortable is to lose the gut and get your butt into shape. Hanging 30+ pounds above your beltline and coupling that with a weak core is going to make riding a lot more unpleasant.[/QUOTE]

+1 Well said.
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    ..., so it depends what you have close by.
    And how long the local dealer will last. We had 3 Victory dealers come and go in our area leaving their customers without support (with the interim dealers not having competently trained Victory wrenches).

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    And how long the local dealer will last. We had 3 Victory dealers come and go in our area leaving their customers without support (with the interim dealers not having competently trained Victory wrenches).

I did not say Victory---it is the Victory dealers fault that I am on the B today. The Indian dealer network is growing like crazy and they cannot build them bikes fast enough. A dealer franchise is a quarter mil to start and it cannot have other bikes on the same floor. And they are growing.

Indian will be here to stay---Not so sure about the Vic.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I won't do another Vic or an Indian for that matter. I'm just not impressed with the support from Polaris. Regarding the gut, I'm in way above average shape for my age. I have a large frame and size 13D feet. My arms are big, my shoulders are wide, etc. My gut is trim. I am an avid cyclist.
    Problem with the Honda for me is cramped feet, close together bars, bent knees, not good for me. What is good is the large flat seat, it's great and it threw me off when testing. I equated a large seat with roominess, but boy was I wrong. I put 9300 miles, all back roads, no interstate riding in just under the year I've had it. I think I've given myself time to acclimate. I did put better pegs and risers, an inch here or there isn't fixing what's wrong for me.
    2013 F6b Deluxe Black
    2000 Confederate Confederado
    1951 Harley Davidson Hydraglide

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I did not say Victory---it is the Victory dealers fault that I am on the B today. The Indian dealer network is growing like crazy and they cannot build them bikes fast enough. A dealer franchise is a quarter mil to start and it cannot have other bikes on the same floor. And they are growing.

Indian will be here to stay---Not so sure about the Vic.
    I view them as the same, all owned by Polaris (maybe I shouldn't). I hope Indian is successful with its current reincarnation with Polaris. Indian's prior reincarnation didn't last very long.

I have a victory-Indian (Polaris) dealer a few miles up the road. Looked at a cross country and no way. I could wiggle the shifter like it was some cheap toy. Indian- no way. I'm 38 not 58. I have to say the Indian is nice looking but I'm not into the whole look. I love the beemers BUT there is only one dealer around pittsburgh. About 70miles from me. I'm gonna see what yamaha puts out. I hope it's this year. Yamaha ended the road star the stratoliner and roadliner so I'll wait and see what they put out. That Vulcan vaquero is a nice fit also. And I like the new road glides also. One good thing about hd is they hold there trade in and resale value better than any other bike. And for me that's a plus considering I see myself buying a new bike every 2-3yrs max but I'm also real leary of going back to hd my 13 roadglide was in the shop 5 times in a year for the same electrical problem. I'm not loyal to any one brand I just love to ride and I want minimal problems But I gotta wait till spring cause I'm one of the few Honda royally shafted when they cut the price on the f6b