Anybody else just can't get comfortable? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else just can't get comfortable?

Quote Originally Posted by tozco View Post
    I won't do another Vic or an Indian for that matter. I'm just not impressed with the support from Polaris.
    Not going to argue with you there. The fact that their bikes are succeeding in spite of the company says a lot about the bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    I have a victory-Indian (Polaris) dealer a few miles up the road. Looked at a cross country and no way. I could wiggle the shifter like it was some cheap toy. Indian- no way. I'm 38 not 58. I have to say the Indian is nice looking but I'm not into the whole look.
    CC is a fine machine but they are not for everybody. They do fit large people very well.

I have no doubt that this Indian is here to stay. They now have the resources and cash to stand on--- a really good design and a ton of fed up Harley guys that want a bike "like a Harley" only better built and Indian is the one!!!!! Hands Down! Those guys will not buy a Roadliner or Vulcan---but they will buy an Indian. If I were still into the V Twin thing, it would be an Indian, but I am quite sure the B is my last bike for a number of reasons. If you swap it out for another brand, then you will get a host of issues with that brand other than paint and rider position. I think I have got the combo that works for me, so I am good at this point.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I will never buy another Harley after all the problems I've had with my last one. I haven't had one problem with the F6B and the majority of the comfort issues I now have I caused myself when I messed with the stock seat. I guess I was just expecting too much when I was hoping I could ride 500 miles in a day without getting sore. I'm really hoping the ultimate king seat will cure my self inflicted comfort issues. A guy I work with has the Vic cc and he loves it and it is ranked as one of the most comfortable bikes you can own. That might be my next one but hopefully I won't have to go that way for a long time.

I really can't go backwards to a vtwin. The performance and handling drop is just too large. I do a few long trips a year, a little potential discomfort on the 6 does not outweigh all those days of under performance on a twin.

Nope. Wouldn't make sense.

Had many different brands and models in over 45 years of riding. Never found a "perfect" ride. Allways had something that needed tweeking and stuff to add. But for me, the "B" works very well, and I have some additions that increase my comfort. I think the bike is too awesome for me to trade for anything on the market today.

The GL1800 engine is its blessing and its curse for taller riders. The engine pulls like a freight train while being wide as a cow. Ergonomically (maybe not visually), it would be nice if they could scallop the cowling above the engine where the knees are at for narrower access to highway pegs.

I spent a lot of $$$ trying to get the power up on a V-Twin (only to cause other problems) which already had the comfort covered. This time, I am starting with more power than I was able to get by spending all of the $$$ on V-Twin performance mods and will tweak what I can on the ergonomics and electrical toys. In the end, I think I will have better reliability and fewer problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    The GL1800 engine is its blessing and its curse for taller riders. The engine pulls like a freight train while being wide as a cow. Ergonomically (maybe not visually), it would be nice if they could scallop the cowling above the engine where the knees are at for narrower access to highway pegs.

I spent a lot of $$$ trying to get the power up on a V-Twin (only to cause other problems) which already had the comfort covered. This time, I am starting with more power than I was able to get by spending all of the $$$ on V-Twin performance mods and will tweak what I can on the ergonomics and electrical toys. In the end, I think I will have better reliability and fewer problems.
    I agree 100%

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I've got a Rick Meyer seat that I bought from a forum member when I first got my bike. It is such a POS that I never used it and will give it to anyone that will pay the shipping on it. WARNING, the foam has broken down, and the fit to the bike at the front of the seat looks like an amateur made it.

Well it took me a Mustang seat, Madstad shield and highway pegs to get it comfy. I'm good for now.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Lucky fit?

I guess I am one of fortunate few that this bike seems to fit almost perfect right out of the box. I'm 57, 165, 5' 7-1/2", 29" inseam, with fairly short arms. I just got back from riding to SC from MD, and back (different days), about 600 miles each way. I found the stock seat, and the bike overall, very comfortable. The only riding position adjustment I have is Kury Ergo III pegs, so I can change position occaisionally. After making the same trip last year on the 950 V-Star that I traded in for the F6B, this was like riding on an easy chair . . . a very quick easy chair.

That said, I just ordered the Mustang seat because (a) it looks cool, and (b) I wouldn't mind getting a tad closer to the ground when I am stopped.

Ghostrider hit the proverbial nail.
    Guilty as charged, I absolutely know if I lose the 80+ # I have needed to lose for awhile, I will be a whole lot more comfy doing a LOT of things, not just pointing my new hotrod down the road.
    Took delivery today of my new Deluxe, immediately grabbed the wife and hurled her onto the back and took off.
    I started squirming around and the aze was numbing out after about 75 miles.
    Ive had back probs for a decade plus, but Im not convinced I wouldnt be a whole lot more comfy once I get that ballast off.