Hi all. Today I just wanted to share this info.
I just installed the MBL risers yesterday and let me tell you, it was the best thing I could have done. Let me explain why.
First off, I have lower back problems and the riding position that these risers have allowed me to be in now is the best thing for me, but, it's not just the risers, it's a combination of the Ultimate seat as well.
My first purchase of the Ultimate mid rider seat was great! Very comfortable and well maid, but sat me to close for comfort and felt a bit cramped, so I returned it and got the King delux seat. I'm 5,11" with a 32 inseam and weigh about 250lbs. Now the king seat was just as comfortable and very well made, but this seat sat me back a extra 1" 1/2 roughly which is what I wanted.
I felt very comfortable at this distant, but now felt that I was reaching out to the handlebars and leaning forward too much that I couldn't even feel my backrest. So I'm thinking, i needed either some risers or Heli bars to bring those handlebars back to me and get me back up in a very relaxed and laid back position. I wanted to look into the Heli bars as a last resort cause the are a bit pricy for me right now.
So I looked into several risers and I found that the MBL risers had the most lift and pull back of them all. I just installed them yesterday and WOW!!! The results were awesome. I'm now in a sitting position well back from the dashboard. The handlebars now are at my reach without fully extending my arms and sit about 3/8" higher than stock. It pulled the bars back towards me about 1" 1/2.
I can now lay back into my backrest In a very comfortable position.
For those of you who have more or less my body measurements as myself, like to feel a little laid back in your seat and still be able to drive the bike with relaxed hands and arm position, this is the best, by far combo you can do. Oh, and did I mention, I only spent $80 bucks for these risers. Yes, the seat is a bit on the expensive side. You can do without out the seat if you really like the stock one, which I thought is pretty good, but I really needed a back rest and I didn't want to cut into my stock seat to put one on.
Hope this info helps out anyone looking for this same setup with my height, weight and inseam. Good luck. 😎👍🏽