Shame shame Ixol! I know you're a smart guy... but this, not so much

RED loctite on those puppies.

I'll have to put Show Low in my always-carried motorcycle book of information; thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
There are 2 different opinions, maybe both are true, maybe not.
Opinion 1: Honda is covering their ass, as some DIY'ers would not recognize loctite on the removed caliper bolts.
Opinion 2: The bolts themselves are deformed from torque stretch and should not be re-used.

I'd go with door #1. I don't think the torque specs on the bolts would cause stretch. What are the specs, something like 20 ft-lbs? I've re-used caliper bolts before, always reapplied loctite, and never had an issue.
Isn't it 22 N-m (or about 16 ft-lbs) ?. The torque specs for most things on this bike do seem ridiculously light.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
Correct, you will notice on all OEM bolts that have Loctite on them from the factory are the ones that Honda recommends replacing with new any time they are removed, that goes for calipers, rotors and all other fasteners that could cause a catastrophic failure if loosened or fell out. The new fasteners will have some form of Loctite on them. I reuse all fasteners when ever possible and use Loctite on all the critical safety components.
Good to hear! This is what I did.