Suspension woes?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suspension woes?

Suspension woes?

I have noticed that when I hit a large bump my front end has a rattle in it. Does anyone else have this? It almost sounds like something is loose. Do I need to adjust my forks, put on a Superbrace or what? Or is this some peculiarity of my bike?
    I used the B and my ST1300 to ride lead bike in the Oklahoma State Criterium Championship last weekend in Enid. Two blocks of downtown were shut down and bicycles race in a figure eight pattern. The belly pan would rub on semi aggressive corners so I am thinking I need to stiffen up the rear spring as well. I would like to use the B for the Criteriums because I am looking into becoming an official of US Cycling where they pay you to ride in these races as a moto-ref. What do all of the brilliant minds on this forum think?

If you bottom out, you will get that sound...consider going to a monotube front shock... Wing Stuff sells them, from Progressive...as far as the back...I think the back is pretty good...check to make sure the setting is in the middle... Good Luck !

http://wingstuff.com/products/34033-...?from_search=1

About the same price to have them installed !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

mine does that but when I hit ripples at speed, feels like handlebars are loose( but they are not). My X never did that so I'm going to give the brace a try before messing with the forks.

I do not find lane bumpers, cracks, holes, or any other irregularities to cause me that 'whoa schnickys' what was that feeling. But a perfect 90 degree to 90 degree S curve near my house is loaded with tar snakes and they always twinge to exit hole. Not bad but they keep me from doing aggressive practice turns. I find the front end very stable, but I am not a hard rider or a veteran semi-pro racer by any means.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I thought I had "bought the farm" the other day when I hit a long stretch of "tar snakes" and the front end started twitching back and forth pretty bad and I almost lost control..Slowed down and watched the road more carefully and then turned off and all seemed to be okay. I thought for sure I had loose head bearings or something as I did hit a massive pot hole a few days back that hit me so hard I thought the front end had come off..The bike did make a rattling noise from the front as I am pretty sure the forks hit bottom...Seems to be okay now but as the weather around here "sucks" I have not ridden in a week....Ride safe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    If you bottom out, you will get that sound...consider going to a monotone front shock... Wing Stuff sells them, from Progressive...as far as the back...I think the back is pretty good...check to make sure the setting is in the middle... Good Luck !

http://wingstuff.com/products/34033-...?from_search=1

About the same price to have them installed !!!
    I will check them out, I have not looked at the back shock. I'll have to see what it is set on.

If you run a belly pan, check for debre. Mine started to make a strange noise when the fans came on. My fans are not butter smooth when they run. Sounded worse on the left side. I had put some small wrenches and a couple of Allen wrenches in the left cubby. Removed them and the odd jingly sounds went away. As the saying goes ,in a deep base voice "what do you have in your cubbies".😎

Quote Originally Posted by okiedoc View Post
    I will check them out, I have not looked at the back shock. I'll have to see what it is set on.
    I used to drag my belly pan on hard corners too until I bumped up the rear preload. The factory sets them at zero so the bike bottoms out. 17 clicks is half way.

How much extra height in the seat is 17 clicks?
    Steve

Does anyone know why the F6B and standard Goldwing have different part numbers for the progressive monotubes.