Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post
Because the bike is properly sprung for the weight that's what gives you the ground clearance. The bike unfortunately SAGS about 50% of the suspension, it only has about 4.1 or inches of travel in the first place. When it's spring properly it only sags about half that giving you the extra clearance that you seek. It was a very very noticeable difference in performance between progressive and Traxxion.

I believe it would be a big help and equal to the progressive kit with just the springs in the B. The 60lb weight savings makes a difference. I didn't like the progressive kit at all it just seemed to make the ride more harsh than it needed to be and didn't really make the bike feel any better in the corners. The progressive kit only has 1 adjustment, a spacer. You either install it or you don't. It also retains the stock anti dive which locks the left fork leg when you use the rear brake. Which I hate. The spacer is a guess. You either put it in or you don't. If you do and don't like it you have to disassemble the forks to take them out and vice versa.

The Traxxion full front adds a full cartridge setup in both forks instead of the faux cat ridge right fork and dampening rod/anti dive left fork and it also adds dampening adjusters on the fork caps to fine tune the ride. It rides like a GoldWing should and it handles like nobody's business. It is a worthy upgrade and far superior to the progressive setup in my opinion from running both of them. The rear spring is also a good idea because it's also to soft for even the weight of the bike add a 200+lb rider and your way under sprung. Then add passenger and gear and you get the idea.

Since I have it do all over again with the B, which I feel isn't quite as bad as the Wing I'm going to start with springs. At least I'll get the travel out of the forks and the right sag. I've had friends ride my wing and comment it's the best riding machine they've ever been on.

I've been fortunate to ride Progressive Wings, RaceTech and Traxxion. Personally I rank them in that order. The RaceTech setup is more work and lots of modifications but retains the stock internals, it's better than the progressive for a little more money I believe. They say the best you know is the best you've ridden. I believe that. After riding the best it's definitely awesome!

Thanks for a great answer to my questions. Very comprehensive and it's a big help