Suspension woes? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Suspension woes?

If you are going back to PCH from the Rock store, take Kanan Dune Rd. It's a change from the tight turns to high speed sweepers. Just watch out for CHP

Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post
    So many put up with the little idiosyncrasies the bike has because the greater good, is well, good. For those that don't want to put up with all those issues, we buy Traxxion
    Well I have been thinking about it for some time now and today at 2:30 PDT I called John Wear owner and installer of over 500 sets of Traxxion suspensions on Wings at JBJ Cycles Inc. in Santa Ana, CA.
    After talking for about an hr. I pulled the trigger on the Traxxion "Full Monty" and will be having it done after the 4th of July. I did not go with the Traxxion top tree due to having the Heli bars and feel they stiffened up that issue.
    Just like my VTX1800 I have not been real happy with the OEM suspension and on the X I moded the suspension front and back to get what I wanted, so now after the upgrade the F6B will finally accommodate my 400 lb frame the way I like.

I had a set of All Balls bearings setting on the shelf, I had just not got around to installing them, their going in now. Funny how Honda used to use roller bearings in the wing's steering stem until 2001 I think, then went to the ball bearings which are crap IMO and cause a lot of the front end issues you hear about with the Goldwing, head shaking, low speed wobble, tire cupping, uneven tire wear and such. Even the VTX1800 comes OEM with roller bearings, but the VTX1300 don't and they are changed out to the All Balls set by most people with front end issues on their VTX1300.

Now where is my "Jekyll & Hyde" exhaust system?

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Well I have been thinking about it for some time now and today at 2:30 PDT I called John Wear owner and installer of over 500 sets of Traxxion suspensions on Wings at JBJ Cycles Inc. in Santa Ana, CA.
    After talking for about an hr. I pulled the trigger on the Traxxion "Full Monty" ...

Now where is my "Jekyll & Hyde" exhaust system?
    Larry, how long will the install take (day trip or longer) ?

Also, being able to enable/disable the growl on the fly would be cool. Anyone have any soundbites of this exhaust on an F6B ?

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Larry, how long will the install take (day trip or longer) ?

Also, being able to enable/disable the growl on the fly would be cool. Anyone have any soundbites of this exhaust on an F6B ?
    John told me 3 to 5 hrs it is basically one day job for him and the price is the same as posted on Traxxion's site + taxes. I'll ride down in the early AM, leave bike with John then have my GF who lives in Lake Elsinore come pick me up spend the night at her house then pick the F up the next day and ride home.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    John told me 3 to 5 hrs it is basically one day job for him and the price is the same as posted on Traxxion's site + taxes. I'll ride down in the early AM, leave bike with John then have my GF who lives in Lake Elsinore come pick me up spend the night at her house then pick the F up the next day and ride home.
    Thanks much.