Next Gen Wing? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Next Gen Wing?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Larry I think you started a Rune Frenzy here

I gotta say the comments from Ray Blank and the ones in that article are truly fascinating.

"The Rune proved to be a challenge for the Honda engineers who had to make a functioning bike from a styling concept."
    I know I will never be without one or more, everywhere I ride it the Rune is the show stopper. From Canada to Mexico I have had people just look and stare
    I've seen many HD boys drool while their old ladies wet their pants when I start it up. I've had my pic taken at more gas stations and on the road by people who have never seen a Rune and free drinks OMG... it is a conversation starter for sure.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I don't have enough solid information on the reason Honda does not produce a trike. The front of the next generation is ideal for trike handling. Could that have a bearing on retaining older Gold Wing riders? They tried to seduce younger riders with the original F6B.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Oh boy...
    http://lancaster.craigslist.org/--y/5061175651.html

put an M and a C where the two dashes are.....
    I am only about 3 hours away. Send me the check and I will go pick it up and hold it for you till you can get here!!!!! I will keep it parked in my garage and will not ride it at all!!!! I promise!!!!!!

People give Honda a bunch of crap about "vanilla style" on a lot of their bikes, but they will step out there and go where nobody else will. NX900--DNO1-- CTX1300--F6b--Rune. Don't see anybody else doing those types of design.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I know I will never be without one or more, everywhere I ride it the Rune is the show stopper. From Canada to Mexico I have had people just look and stare
    I've seen many HD boys drool while their old ladies wet their pants when I start it up. I've had my pic taken at more gas stations and on the road by people who have never seen a Rune and free drinks OMG... it is a conversation starter for sure.

From a guy who has been into bikes for a while and been to a ton of rallies, shows and meets, I have seen a total of 3 in person---ALL AT DAYTONA BIKE WEEK. Not many around.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    I don't have enough solid information on the reason Honda does not produce a trike. The front of the next generation is ideal for trike handling. Could that have a bearing on retaining older Gold Wing riders? They tried to seduce younger riders with the original F6B.
    I think you hit the nail on the head.I was at the Reno Rendevous AKA Goldwing get together Sat in Reno and there were about 300 or so Goldwings in the lot in the AM and 40% were trikes.I was the only F6B there that I could see.Walking around it was like a AARP meeting.Nice people and all but a much older crowd.Heck at 60 I felt like a youngster there.

This thread has been Officially Hijacked.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.