Next Gen Wing? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Gen Wing?

I have had powered seats on my cars for 15 years. Imagine the joy of going to a motorcycle dealership and adjusting height and distance to the handle bars via a mini-joystick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I have had powered seats on my cars for 15 years. Imagine the joy of going to a motorcycle dealership and adjusting height and distance to the handle bars via a mini-joystick.
    Yea Honda and a few others...BMW comes to mind, have a power windshield, a powered adjustable saddle would up the cool factor, even a basic "manually adjustable" saddle would be a winner. Since we are dreaming "what ifs", how about adjustable foot pegs and adjustable shifting & brake pedals too?

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yea Honda and a few others...BMW comes to mind, have a power windshield, a powered adjustable saddle would up the cool factor, even a basic "manually adjustable" saddle would be a winner. Since we are dreaming "what ifs", how about adjustable foot pegs and adjustable shifting & brake pedals too?
    The Victory Vision had an electric windshield (height and rake) and adjustable shifter and brake pegs about 4" or 5" inches forward and back as well as height adjustments for thick/thin boots.

My friend just bought a new 6 cylinder BMW. It has adjustable suspension and torque (rain mode) on the fly as well as an electric windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    The Victory Vision had an electric windshield (height and rake) and adjustable shifter and brake pegs about 4" or 5" inches forward and back as well as height adjustments for thick/thin boots.

My friend just bought a new 6 cylinder BMW. It has adjustable suspension and torque (rain mode) on the fly as well as an electric windshield.
    Yea I know, but none of them are Hondas

Holy crap, what a Rune Larry. That thing is sweet.

Looks like someone tried to put something like the Rune front end on a Wing which would have looked better than that one. IMO
    and yes those are Mini apes on that Rune.

Beautiful bike.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Holy crap, what a Rune Larry. That thing is sweet.
    That was one of four I owned at one time, it was traded in with another blue Rune for my F6B then I sold a custom black Rune to a friend and now only have one red Rune that I'm doing a lot of custom work on like changing color to black, powder coating wheels black adding bar risers, chrome intakes and a few other "one off" things to make it a one of a kind Rune.
    This is the other blue Rune I traded in for my F6B

and the black Rune I sold to a friend.

And here is the one Rune I'm working on now when I first got it as a wreck and is now 99.95% restored.

I LOVE collecting Runes and will own more as funds allow.

I LOVE collecting Runes and will own more as funds allow.
    Looking at the pics makes this easy to understand

Are the Rune handling and dynamics as pleasant as on the 6?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Looking at the pics makes this easy to understand

Are the Rune handling and dynamics as pleasant as on the 6?
    I know you are going to find this hard to believe, but the Rune is a fairly nice canyon carver with a little more lean angle and a tad quicker than the F.... Not faster, but quicker with nice suspension, the front end is surprising pleasant and tight. With a very simple mod the sound of the Rune is awesome kinda like a Porch on steroids. I wish my F6B sounded like the Rune
    With the Rune's six 32 mm throttle bodies and different cams than the normal GL1800 and F6B use it makes gobs of low in torque. The only Honda quicker off the line IMO and up to about 40 MPH is the VTX1800, the Rune will beat the F to about 100 MPH then the F takes over. Now the full Goldwing is faster on the top end than both due to no top end limiter like our F has.
    The Rune is made for a small guy and I had to do a lot of mods to get one to fit me for touring which I did for a few years on the blue Rune with the Corbin bags.

One thing on my "to do" list in the future is put a set of Rune cams in my F and bore the throttle body out 2 more mm from 40 mm to 42 mm like I have done on my VTX1800 Turbo. Stock the VTX1800 throttle body is a 42 mm I took it to a 44 mm.

Those Corbin bags on the Rune sure look sweet.
    2013 F6B in black of course