fix-a-flat?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fix-a-flat?

fix-a-flat?

I prefer riding rural roads and calling a tow would probably be a problem on most voyages. I'm not on long trips, usually 1-3 hours.

Is a can of Fix-a-flat good a good option for motorcycle tires? Is there something better?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    I prefer riding rural roads and calling a tow would probably be a problem on most voyages. I'm not on long trips, usually 1-3 hours.

Is a can of Fix-a-flat good a good option for motorcycle tires? Is there something better?
    DynaPlugs and a nice small air compressor. You may also consider adding RideOn to your tires.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    DynaPlugs and a nice small air compressor. You may also consider adding RideOn to your tires.
    If there is nothing obvious, such as a nail, how do you find the leak while on the side of the road?

What is the difference between RideOn and Fix-a-Flat?

Tire companies tell me that they hate fix-a-flat because they have the clean out the wheel before installing a new tire. Is it the same for Ride-on?

[QUOTE=Davidk;84355]If there is nothing obvious, such as a nail, how do you find the leak while on the side of the road?

What is the difference between RideOn and Fix-a-Flat?

Tire companies tell me that they hate fix-a-flat because they have the clean out the wheel before installing a new tire. Is it the same for Ride-on?[/QUOTE]

Ride on will stick to the tire. The other stuff turns to liquid, then throws the balance off. I vote ride on.

one problem

Using Ride On you never know when you have a flat, you can pick up a nail or just a puncture and you wouldn't know it. I much prefer to know when I have a hurt tire on my bike. Because that tire is coming off the minute I can change it out for a new one. Your life depends on those two pieces of rubber and if you don't know that one has been punctured your life is on the line. I use the Slime small air compressor and the Stop & Go Tire Plugger kit without the CO2 canisters. It will get you home to change out the bad tire.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Using Ride On you never know when you have a flat, you can pick up a nail or just a puncture and you wouldn't know it. I much prefer to know when I have a hurt tire on my bike. Because that tire is coming off the minute I can change it out for a new one. Your life depends on those two pieces of rubber and if you don't know that one has been punctured your life is on the line. I use the Slime small air compressor and the Stop & Go Tire Plugger kit without the CO2 canisters. It will get you home to change out the bad tire.
    I assume that you don't think that the protection provided by RideOn is sufficient?

What happens when bike tires leak? Wouldn't they widen, then possibly jam against the bike, thus causing a accident?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    I assume that you don't think that the protection provided by RideOn is sufficient?

What happens when bike tires leak? Wouldn't they widen, then possibly jam against the bike, thus causing a accident?
    If the demo videos are to be believed (I have no reason not to), RideOn should provide great protection.

Your question about a low tire is key; depending on circumstances, yeah it could very well cause the type of crash that will KILL you. Seadog makes a great point above, but personally, I'd rather avoid tire blowouts in the first place. I just started using RideOn so I can't comment much on how it does but I'm giving it a shot.

Plus, since I change my own tires but don't have a balancer, I use Rideon for the balancing effect.

I stopped running Dyna Beads about four years ago and have not looked back...not sure what the real question is here..but for me...getting home is the answer...sitting on the side of the road sux and if I can avoid it I will...Ride on for me !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I stopped running Dyna Beads about four years ago and have not looked back...not sure what the real question is here..but for me...getting home is the answer...sitting on the side of the road sux and if I can avoid it I will...Ride on for me !!!!
    1 question Steve-who changes your tires and doesn't mind green slime all over his $4k tire changer?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Do products like RideOn work with TPMS sensors or plug them up ?

Also, maybe they could color the RideOn substance some obnoxious color to make sealed tire punctures more obvious ?