fix-a-flat? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fix-a-flat?

Look at the video....the stuff sits in the middle area of the tire. It doesn't wash over the whole inside. It's thick enough not to get runny, but still enough to balance and not harden. I've never used it, but might give it a try after what I saw.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I stopped running Dyna Beads about four years ago and have not looked back...not sure what the real question is here..but for me...getting home is the answer...sitting on the side of the road sux and if I can avoid it I will...Ride on for me !!!!
    What Steve says is true. Getting home is the most important thing. That's the main reason I run the Michelin on the rear. A bonus is the way it handles.

The video looks good. I think I will try the Ride-On, too. I'm wondering, if you don't ride for a few weeks, or over the winter, does the gell settle at the bottom of the tire? Possibly having to re-distribute itself when riding starts again? And if it does settle, does the "gell" get stiff, when the weather gets cold? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

John

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Do products like RideOn work with TPMS sensors or plug them up ?

Also, maybe they could color the RideOn substance some obnoxious color to make sealed tire punctures more obvious ?
    External sensors should be fine.

Internal sensors are indeed susceptible to fouling from "inside the tire" liquids. The pressure ports on these things are only 1 or 2 mm diameter, and the sensor manufacturers warn very clearly that any debris blocking the port can result in bad readings. However... there are two ways of mounting internal sensors.

The first method attaches to the backside of the valve stem. Since RideOn is installed through the valve stem, this causes it to be in close proximity to the sensor and increases the odds of fouling. The second method attaches to a band around the center of the rim. In this case you can rotate the location of the sensor to be opposite the valve stem; now when you install RideOn, you won't be spraying it near the sensor and the odds are reduced of it getting fouled.

Brilliant idea on the color!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    The video looks good. I think I will try the Ride-On, too. I'm wondering, if you don't ride for a few weeks, or over the winter, does the gell settle at the bottom of the tire? Possibly having to re-distribute itself when riding starts again? And if it does settle, does the "gell" get stiff, when the weather gets cold? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

John
    John IIRC some of these questions are addressed in the FAQ section of their website.

I seem to recall reading where the stuff does indeed settle in the bottom of the tire if the bike isn't ridden for a while, but I think it shouldn't take long to redistribute itself once the bike is moving again.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    John IIRC some of these questions are addressed in the FAQ section of their website.

I seem to recall reading where the stuff does indeed settle in the bottom of the tire if the bike isn't ridden for a while, but I think it shouldn't take long to redistribute itself once the bike is moving again.
    Thanks for the info! I'll check out that site, to hear what the say.

Balancing beads

The Dyna beads have no effect on tire pressure monitors, I received that information right from Innovative Balancing. The company that sells Dyna beads.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    The Dyna beads have no effect on tire pressure monitors, I received that information right from Innovative Balancing. The company that sells Dyna beads.
    Fix a flat would...like I said, it turns into a liquid.