The United States Post Office at its' finest - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The United States Post Office at its' finest

Definitley not managed properly. USPS needs to cut costs. My opinion of a good start, is to get rid of Saturday mail delivery. As much as every one likes to get their mail, this service is not necessary. If we need our packages asap, we can use Fed-Ex, or the Brown Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    "... By some reports, the Postal Service is losing $25 million a day. ..."

"... the Postal Service began borrowing money from the U.S. Treasury Department to deal with its troubles ... reached its borrowing limit of $15 billion in September 2012 ..."

"... She argued that health benefits are not part of the Postal Service’s operating expenses. ..."

Since when has employee's wages, benefit and retirement packages not been an operating expense (Answer: when someone else pays for it or you are playing games with the financial statement to obfuscate the company's true fiscal status) ?

"... The Postal Service wrote in a November 2012 press release that it had a record fiscal year deficit of nearly $16 billion. The agency attributed about 70 percent of that net loss to the health care requirement. ..."

Who is going to pay for the bailout and promised benefit/retirement plans of a company in the red (or bankrupt)?

Where does the government get "its" money to "loan" out? Whose taxes funded the loans ?
    Good point...operating expenses DO include healthcare, etc...no matter how it is "spun". And borrowing money from the treasury is the same as borrowing taxpayer dollars. Again...privatize it all...the free market will ensure efficiency and competitive pricing. IMHO.....

USPS is deliverying my FOBO TPMS today! Not bad two days to go less than 150 miles!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Now that I am semi-retired I have started cleaning out the closets and selling things on Ebay. I ship everything possible with the USPS, they are about half the cost of UPS and if it takes a week to arrive so be it. I have never had any issues tracking a package. The biggest problem with the post office is the US Congress's constant meddling.

http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmo...e-post-office/

What does make a lot of difference is the degree to which the Post Office is hamstrung by Congress. There’s still room for the Postal Service to reorient itself and become a successful 21st-century utility — but there’s no way that’s going to happen if it’s constantly on the back foot and if Congress prevents it from entering new businesses, possibly including banking.

To put it another way: the Post Office is broken, in large part thanks to unhelpful meddling by Congress. And it won’t get fixed unless and until Congress gets out of the way and stops forcing it into the corporate equivalent of ketosis, essentially consuming its own flesh in order to survive.
    JAYGO

My posting here is just tongue-in-cheek... I really have no issue with the USPS service. The VAST majority of stuff I send gets to its' destination in a consistent timeline. It's actually unusual for me to see errors.

I only wish they would STOP delivering junk mail!