Tunes are getting close
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tunes are getting close

Tunes are getting close

I pulled the storage compartment in the left side of the fairing and put the plug in for the MP3 and install the OEM Honda electrical socket and now just waiting on Amazon.com to bring my 16 gb Sony Mp3 player with it cord kit package and then download a bunch of tunes on it. Its trying to have to lesson to all the commercials on the FM and it will be nice to not have to hear them.
    I am new at this, is there anything that I have not thought of? Any information is worth it weight in gold and if I have missed something please jump in and let me know!

Put a jump drive in the saddle bag...sound quality is much better
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

The nice thing about using the USB connection in the left saddlebag is that you can control all your music from the left grip.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    just waiting on Amazon.com to bring my 16 gb Sony Mp3 player with it cord kit package and then download a bunch of tunes on it.

Any information is worth it weight in gold and if I have missed something please jump in and let me know!
    16gb seems fairly small. Does Sony offer larger storage capacity on those things? I would have started with a 64gb if the price wasn't out of line for the increased storage.

Others are spot on. A USB jump drive would be cheaper/better/easier.

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    16gb seems fairly small. Does Sony offer larger storage capacity on those things? I would have started with a 64gb if the price wasn't out of line for the increased storage.

Yes 64 would be better the 16, but the 16GB should get him close to 2,000 songs. Yes, plugging the USB in the left saddlebag does give you better sound and control from the Audio system, not only from the left side handlebars but also from the audio control knobs on the panel. Which allows such things as Artist Selection, Playlist selection, Genre selection, etc...
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Sony 16gb

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post

That Sony 16gb will hold about 5500 3 minute songs depending on the length as long 4 minute songs it would hold less. But 5500 songs. I'd be dead before I heard the last one.

And the price is?

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker View Post
    Put a jump drive in the saddle bag...sound quality is much better
    What does this jump drive cost, I'm not rich and living on a fixed income I get by with what I can afford. When I was working steady there wasn't much I couldn't afford to purchase but without that weekly paycheck you do have to compromise a bit.

May I ask what parts are needed for this conversion. Did you interrupt the usb cable going to the saddle bags.

I think I paid less than $30.00 for a mini USB stick. 64GB
    I put it in the USB in the saddlebag and have never looked at it again.
    The controls through the radio on bike are fine. Random and it just goes. I love it. Sounds great.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    May I ask what parts are needed for this conversion. Did you interrupt the usb cable going to the saddle bags.
    greg- I dont think SD did anything complicated. He just ran his Audio plug into the cubby and is installing a honda pwr jack in the cubby as well. He could have did it different like Steve said.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt