I've recently relocated from Waxhaw, NC to Olivehurst, CA ( forty miles north of Sacramento) and just obtained a CA driver's license, registrations and plates.
Now its time for new auto and motorcycle insurance.

I contacted my insurance agent/broker of many years and he quoted me figures that were approximately double the cost of what I had been paying in NC. I anticipated that it would cost more in CA but didnt imagine it would be twice as much.

Where I had paid approximately $600/yr for a 2003 Dodge Sprinter, CA charges $1200.

Where I had paid $450/ yr for a 2013 F6B, CA charges $1400.

I ran over to the local AAA in Marysville and requested a quote, just to do a quick reality check.

Similar numbers.

The agent at AAA calls Progressive re: F6B and inquires why the premium was so much higher.
After fiddling around with my planned annual mileage, and reducing it to 3,000 miles, the agents were able to quote me $750. for my paid off Scoot.
They proudly informed me that this wonderful rate was due to my "Good Driver" status.

I'm still feeling a little stunned...
I would really appreciate hearing comments from CA residents on this, specifically who they insure with and approximately how much they pay.
Thanks ~ Jimmy