Mick-O-Peg or Ergo III?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mick-O-Peg or Ergo III?

Mick-O-Peg or Ergo III?

Hello folks! I'm new to this forum and I'm enjoying reading all the great info.
    A week ago I traded in my custom Harley Fat Bob and bought a new F6B. Nice!
    I am going to add highway pegs to stretch my legs. I'm 6' with a 32" inseam. My question is this....Mick-O-Peg or Ergo III? I was seriously considering the Mick's but no one will answer my calls or emails. I guess biz is good.
    Are the ERGO's the only other pegs I have as a choice? I really am not digging the RIVCO'S because I don't want to alter the valve cover.
    Thanks in advance!
    Matt

I like the Ergo III's

I have the Ergo III's on mine and like them very much. A lot of adjustiblity to get them right where you need them. I'd buy them again.

The Rivco's have some forward/backward adjustment, but no vertical adjustment. They are too high for me, but YMMV.

I would put your bike on the center stand, put a box on the floor where the pegs would be, sit on the bike with your foot on the box to see if the position works for you and then choose pegs that can match the location (height, width, front/back and pitch).

Kury makes the Ergo 2 and 3's in various configurations.

Rivco makes 2 pairs (engine cover and crash bar).

Of course, that's AFTER you find the correct seat, and then the correct windscreen.....
    I'm 5'9", 30" inseam (Levi 501) and 200lbs. Had to go Rivco, feet couldn't reach the Ergos...
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Of course, that's AFTER you find the correct seat, and then the correct windscreen.....
    I'm 5'9", 30" inseam (Levi 501) and 200lbs. Had to go Rivco, feet couldn't reach the Ergos...
    If you would put the 6 inch arms they would fit you. I have the Ergos 2 with 6 inch and I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    If you would put the 6 inch arms they would fit you. I have the Ergos 2 with 6 inch and I love them.
    Aye, but I REALLY liked the Rivcos. And I still do. I like the way they fold up out of the way the most. Also, I can put my heels on them and stretch out my hamstrings while riding.

My Ergo IIIs are going to be auctioned or raffled at the Rally to help support this bad habit of a forum to which I'm addicted.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Thanks much! The ERGO's are sounding better all the time. I may look at RIVCO that mount on the crash bar as well.
    Good Riding!
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I wish the Ergo II's with 6" arms were made in black.

I used to have the Mick-O-Pegs. The are built extremely well and I like the concept but I almost dropped by bike several times while using them. I had to take them off because when I went to put my left leg down to support the bike at a light or stop sign, my pants leg would get caught on the peg. I was also able to get the pant undone before the bike went over but I did not like that feeling. Ended up getting the Ergo III's and am really happy with them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

OHMMMMMMM..... i have had the areo pegs and the Mic-o- pegs..... I like the Mic-o-pegs.... either will sell well if you don't like !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com