Election 2016 - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Election 2016

The problem is the politicians have successfully convinced us that looking to a far off capitol will improve our lives, all politics is local as Tip O'Neill used to say. Your local assemblyman's and congressman 's vote will have more of an impact on your life than any President and that is where the organization and pressure should be exerted. What politicians say is who they want to be how they vote is who they are.

Letting the popular vote be the deciding factor instead of congress is the answer. Then if a bad decision is made the majority are responsible for it.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vondawg View Post
    With you, on all your comments ...hope we're not so far down a hole we can't get back on top, I think this election is maybe the last chance...even then it's going to take awhile to untangle it all. Don't be too hard on sandraggen..how'd you like to be under the thumb of Rahm Emanuel
    Illinois also gave you Obama..how do you like being under that thumb?

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Term limits is the answer but it will not happen , no more than the 52% who suck the teat will vote themselves out of a check.....
    Steve I agree 2000%. Our congressmen and women get so corrupt after two or three terms. How can you spend millions to get a job that pays $150,000?. Under the table money. Lobbyists should be illegal. One six year term and no retirement. That would stop most of the deadbeats. Its a corrupt system and like Steve said , term limits would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Term limits is the answer but it will not happen , no more than the 52% who suck the teat will vote themselves out of a check.....
    Exactly, and what we really need is someone with a spine willing to cut the handouts.
    I think it all started with the "War on Poverty," here we are 51 years later, time for someone to admit it just ain't working.

Going through an old hard drive I found this, Patton - what a guy.

Go green, recycle congress.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!