CBs and Cell phones questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CBs and Cell phones questions

Not sure if this answers your question but I have a Honda CB with the BikeMP3 conversion kit and an iphone 6. I plug the iphone into the USB port and hit the AUX button and my iphone music plays through the Headset or the speakers. When I use the CB or receive a CB transmission it mutes the iphone music.

Hope that helps!!!
    Ride Safe!!

Quote Originally Posted by bertrider View Post
    I have the bike mp3 kit that hooks up a Honda radio or a Bike mp3 radio. I just happen to have a Honda cb radio hooked up to it. I have an I Phone 6 connected to my Honda good time radio with a Kennedy box. It is connected to the intercom, actually. Note that the Bike mp3 kit connects a Honda or Bike mp3 cb unit to the Honda factory audio system on your F6b. Kennedy has electrics to connect all types of electronic "stuff" to that same F6B audio system.
    Ok Thank you. I am beginning to understand what I will need, to obtain for what I am looking to do. Have a CB radio, and make/receive phone calls with the same wired headset. A Kennedy box will be needed if I didn't use a GPS devise. OK cool..

I guess I didn't understand that the mp3 kit and the CB are a two piece item. I only see a 1 piece item on the mp3 website. So the mp3 kit is just the wiring and connections. then either the mp3 CB or the Honda CB would plug into that.

And third item would be the F6B Enable kit, which are the switches.

OK,

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    Not sure if this answers your question but I have a Honda CB with the BikeMP3 conversion kit and an iphone 6. I plug the iphone into the USB port and hit the AUX button and my iphone music plays through the Headset or the speakers. When I use the CB or receive a CB transmission it mutes the iphone music.

Hope that helps!!!
    Ride Safe!!
    Yes thank you, I appreciate your help. Although its not the music operations of the phone I'm interested in, its the making and receiving calls im looking for. Sometimes I just want to talk to my wife while I'm on my way back to the house from somewhere.

I'm unfortunate, that my wife doesn't ride with me. As we all know, riding motorcycles is not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    Ok Thank you. I am beginning to understand what I will need, to obtain for what I am looking to do. Have a CB radio, and make/receive phone calls with the same wired headset. A Kennedy box will be needed if I didn't use a GPS devise. OK cool..

I guess I didn't understand that the mp3 kit and the CB are a two piece item. I only see a 1 piece item on the mp3 website. So the mp3 kit is just the wiring and connections. then either the mp3 CB or the Honda CB would plug into that.

And third item would be the F6B Enable kit, which are the switches.

OK,
    The Bike mp3 kit has all the wiring and handlebar switches to connect a Honda cb or their cb to your audio system and you end up with a "factory goldwing" like cb radio. It works just like the one on the full wing. Looks the same on your bars, too. To use your cell phone to make and receive phone calls, you need a Kennedy box and wiring to integrate it into the F6B audio system. It uses the intercom function in the bike radio to make and receive phone calls. This is all a wired system that comes into your wired headset.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bertrider View Post
    The Bike mp3 kit has all the wiring and handlebar switches to connect a Honda cb or their cb to your audio system and you end up with a "factory goldwing" like cb radio. It works just like the one on the full wing. Looks the same on your bars, too. To use your cell phone to make and receive phone calls, you need a Kennedy box and wiring to integrate it into the F6B audio system. It uses the intercom function in the bike radio to make and receive phone calls. This is all a wired system that comes into your wired headset.

I hope this helps.

Yes Sir, a big help indeed. Thank you again

Please let me know what helmet headset you are using

nvmyf6
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    The Midland CB is not Bluetooth ready by itself, it would use a wire plug and plug into the Sena SR10 bluetooth hub, this plug is sold by Sena as well. There is a button on this hub that you pressed, that activates the CBs mike. But there is also a wired plug button that could be used as well. so this hub can be hidden in the cubby. It would be just the Midland CB that would be attached to the handle bars, along with the Mike activation button.

Sena SR10 Bluetooth unit.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...-radio-adapter

Midland handheld CB radio

http://www.amazon.com/Midland-75-822.../dp/B00000K2YR

With this set up, I would be able to use the Bluetooth headset that I already have installed in my helmet.

The other CB option is the BikeMP3 CB unit that would be installed under the seat I believe. then purchasing the F6B CB enable kit. with a wired headset. I just don't know how I would be able to use my cell phone.

Would you know if this would work with the Uclear HBC200?
    Thank you
    Terry
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

Quote Originally Posted by terryboyle View Post
    nvmyf6

Would you know if this would work with the Uclear HBC200?
    Thank you
    Terry
    Hey Terry, that is a good question Sir,

No, I do not know if this setup will work with the Uclear HBC200. I ended up going a different route. I installed a Honda factory CB. I wired it up my self. A very easy project.

Here is the link to my install. Unfortunately the pictures are no longer available to see in the link. As far as the head set that I use, its just a normal headset, that plugs into the 5 pin connector, I purchased from WingStuff along with the CB and some of the other components I needed to complete the install.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7...io-suggestions

Ride Safe