CBs and Cell phones questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBs and Cell phones questions

CBs and Cell phones questions

I am currently using a bluetooth headset for my Phone and I want to add a CB.

I would like to add the BikeMP3 CB system, and have the wired headset. But I am wondering how would I be able to use my cell phone?

Would I need to get a GPS unit that wires up to the BikeMP3 CB system and then run my cell phone through that?

Another option is,

I have discovered a bluetooth unit, Sena SR10, that would be a hub, that I could plug a Midland handheld CB through, and than use the bluetooth headset l all ready have and connect to that hub, then I would be able to use the CB.

I'm just not sure I want to add something else to the handlebars, the Midland CB. That's why I am looking at the BikeMP3 CB system.

So what are my options to use my cell phone, using the BikeMP3 ?

Is the CB already Bluetooth? If it is my Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headset should just work with that without adding the other Sena piece. If I want to add the bikes radio playing through the Sena I will need to add the other Sena Bluetooth hub. Even if I add the other Sena piece to get the Bluetooth hub I don't think that will need to be mounted on the dash. I think it will work in the cuby or saddlebag.
    Steve

Cellset aka Kennedy Electronics can make you a wired system to interface your cell phone with the goldwing radio system. I have both the bike mp3 radio setup and the cellset cell phone wiring on my bike and it works well.

The cellset stuff is custom made so you have to e-mail Jon there and let him know what you want to do. He will take it from there. It's quite reasonable price wise.

Google Cellset.

Kennedy is working on a Bluetooth device and Edset is working on one as well
    Edset will let you bring any blue tooth device into the audio system, it is not a head set it will
    plug in under the left pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Is the CB already Bluetooth? If it is my Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headset should just work with that without adding the other Sena piece. If I want to add the bikes radio playing through the Sena I will need to add the other Sena Bluetooth hub. Even if I add the other Sena piece to get the Bluetooth hub I don't think that will need to be mounted on the dash. I think it will work in the cuby or saddlebag.
    Steve
    The Midland CB is not Bluetooth ready by itself, it would use a wire plug and plug into the Sena SR10 bluetooth hub, this plug is sold by Sena as well. There is a button on this hub that you pressed, that activates the CBs mike. But there is also a wired plug button that could be used as well. so this hub can be hidden in the cubby. It would be just the Midland CB that would be attached to the handle bars, along with the Mike activation button.

Sena SR10 Bluetooth unit.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...-radio-adapter

Midland handheld CB radio

http://www.amazon.com/Midland-75-822.../dp/B00000K2YR

With this set up, I would be able to use the Bluetooth headset that I already have installed in my helmet.

The other CB option is the BikeMP3 CB unit that would be installed under the seat I believe. then purchasing the F6B CB enable kit. with a wired headset. I just don't know how I would be able to use my cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bertrider View Post
    Cellset aka Kennedy Electronics can make you a wired system to interface your cell phone with the goldwing radio system. I have both the bike mp3 radio setup and the cellset cell phone wiring on my bike and it works well.

The cellset stuff is custom made so you have to e-mail Jon there and let him know what you want to do. He will take it from there. It's quite reasonable price wise.

Google Cellset.
    Ok thank you. It looks like with the Cellset device, it connects to the Goldwing CB system. Which I don't have.

You said you have both, Are you referring to, you have the MP3 CB system and the Cellset device, and with that setup you can use your cell phone ?

So you don't have a Goldwing CB also right ? you just have the MP3 CB setup ?

This may be what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    Kennedy is working on a Bluetooth device and Edset is working on one as well
    Edset will let you bring any blue tooth device into the audio system, it is not a head set it will
    plug in under the left pocket.
    Thank you rex, this is not available yet, hum..

Are you waiting on the development of this product as well ? I seen that you installed the Goldwing CB system.

No I am not I use a Garman 590LM Zumo but I use Edset head set and mike splitter he is a top notch guy.
    I put the factory Honda CB on the F6b just like it is on the regular wing under the radio under the rear tail piece, it was a little costly about the same as if you had the dealer install the CB on a regular wing.
    If you have any questions PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    No I am not I use a Garman 590LM Zumo but I use Edset head set and mike splitter he is a top notch guy.
    I put the factory Honda CB on the F6b just like it is on the regular wing under the radio under the rear tail piece, it was a little costly about the same as if you had the dealer install the CB on a regular wing.
    If you have any questions PM me.
    Yes, running the cell phone through a GPS may be the way to go. I have seen that you had installed the Goldwing CB. Nice install.

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    Ok thank you. It looks like with the Cellset device, it connects to the Goldwing CB system. Which I don't have.

You said you have both, Are you referring to, you have the MP3 CB system and the Cellset device, and with that setup you can use your cell phone ?

So you don't have a Goldwing CB also right ? you just have the MP3 CB setup ?

This may be what I'm looking for.
    I have the bike mp3 kit that hooks up a Honda radio or a Bike mp3 radio. I just happen to have a Honda cb radio hooked up to it. I have an I Phone 6 connected to my Honda good time radio with a Kennedy box. It is connected to the intercom, actually. Note that the Bike mp3 kit connects a Honda or Bike mp3 cb unit to the Honda factory audio system on your F6b. Kennedy has electrics to connect all types of electronic "stuff" to that same F6B audio system.