Governor and rev limmiter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Governor and rev limmiter

Governor and rev limmiter

Is it possible to remove the top speed governor? Will it hurt the bike?

On my Harley once I added Vance & Hines 2 into 1 pro-pipe, Power Commander 5, and heavy breather I was able to have the rev limiter increased. Can we do that on the F6B or will that cause damage or extra wear on the engine?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Is it possible to remove the top speed governor? Will it hurt the bike?
    The speed limiter is built into the programming of the ECU.
    Don Guhl can reflash your ECU and remove the speed limiter.
    Otherwise, no.

fl1madmax

reflash ECU WHO and where do you send it @

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    The speed limiter is built into the programming of the ECU.
    Don Guhl can reflash your ECU and remove the speed limiter.
    Otherwise, no.
    I like speed, have a F6B 2013 and Hate that it stops at 125, my Z1000 stops at 165, I think Honda should do at least 145 !
    who and what does he do !!!!!!! John thanks !!!!

There is another option, two I think.

One is install a Speed-o-healer and change the calibration so the speedometer reads lower than true speed. Make it off by 10% or 20% ect. and just know what the actual is compared to the readout. If you could switch the speedometer readout to KPH, you could calibrate the speed-o-healer so the readout in KPH was actually MPH but the ecm wouldn't know it and not stop you at 125.

The other option would be to cut the signal wire to the ecm that gives it the speed. That's all that signal wire is used for. I 'don't know of hand which wire it is.

if you have Guhl remove the top speed limiter, you can also have it remove the 1st gear torque limiter at the same time and of course optimize the a/f ratio.

But with all that

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon186 View Post
    There is another option, two I think.

One is install a Speed-o-healer and change the calibration so the speedometer reads lower than true speed. Make it off by 10% or 20% ect. and just know what the actual is compared to the readout. If you could switch the speedometer readout to KPH, you could calibrate the speed-o-healer so the readout in KPH was actually MPH but the ecm wouldn't know it and not stop you at 125.

The other option would be to cut the signal wire to the ecm that gives it the speed. That's all that signal wire is used for. I 'don't know of hand which wire it is.

if you have Guhl remove the top speed limiter, you can also have it remove the 1st gear torque limiter at the same time and of course optimize the a/f ratio.
    I am sure if you torched your motor by removing said limiter that Honda would bow out of any warranty that was left on the bike. Just producing some pros and cons. I am sure Honda has a very reasonable price on a replacement engine. NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I am sure if you torched your motor by removing said limiter that Honda would bow out of any warranty that was left on the bike. Just producing some pros and cons. I am sure Honda has a very reasonable price on a replacement engine. NOT!
    correct without a doubt. But removing these limiters has no adverse affects on engine reliability and when was the last time you heard of a GL1800 engine failure?

1st gear torque limiter?

I didn't know the F6B had one.... What numbers are you talking?

fl1madmax

Speed limit and RPM change

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    I didn't know the F6B had one.... What numbers are you talking?
    I talked to Don Guhl , for about $400 he can change the Limit 500-700 rpm, and change the timing and fuel curve, remove speed limit .
    I'm thinking the F6B will top out at 145 which is fine by me, 100mph is red line in 4th !!!!!! so 145 is possible. Ride Safe Ride Often !!!!!!

Who is Don Guhl?

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
    Who is Don Guhl?
    Independent mech with a flair for ECU remapping. Especially Gold Wings.
    "google" him....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce