Governor and rev limmiter - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Governor and rev limmiter

shooter
    I know its an old thread , almost a year ago since madmax posted that the B would redline at 100 mph in fourth. That's not true. It will run faster than that in fourth before it hits redline.

shooter
    Guhl is a wizard with a lot of bikes. The GL1800 us one of his latest conquests. If you've heard of Brocks Performance then you know that Brocks is all about Sport bike performance. Guhl does Brocks ECU flashing. Don't Guhl is the Man when it comes to electronic enhancement.

I know Brocks very well. I bought one of his dual full ti-exhaust for my ZX14R. Also got his PC5 loaded with maps for track/street pump/race fuel. 211hp, 127tq. Only bike that ever made examine my feeble mortality.

Thanks. Right after I asked the question, I found more about the guy on a similar thread here.

shooter
    If I can stop riding long enough to tear it down next winter I'm gonna get Guhl to do the reflash for me.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Is it possible to remove the top speed governor? Will it hurt the bike?

On my Harley once I added Vance & Hines 2 into 1 pro-pipe, Power Commander 5, and heavy breather I was able to have the rev limiter increased. Can we do that on the F6B or will that cause damage or extra wear on the engine?
    Steve
    Why would you do that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

Im not looking to go racing or do 3rd gear wheelies, ok, maybe 2ND gear wheelies...The main reason I would be interested in a remapped ecu is to make sure I get optimum fueling with my torq loopz and cobra 6's and avoid lean conditions under load or WOT. And lose the governor setting of course.
    Just out of curiousity, has anyone here that has that exhaust setup ever pull plugs for a reading?