Guns, what sort of response
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Guns, what sort of response

Guns, what sort of response

I'm wondering what the forum response would be to my suggestion that the US tighten up their gun laws, specifically, banning the general possession of hand guns. It seems to me that you guys are losing too many good people of all races?

The only hand guns we have in our society these days belong to the law enforcers, and of course the criminals,don't know how we fix that one, although the criminals seem to mainly bump each other off.

Feel free to leave a comment, I'm interested to understand how entrenched gun ownership is, and what it takes to do something about all these deaths!

Chris

Blaming guns for what happened the other day, at Sandy Hook, and any other devastating crime like that, is like me blaming a fork for making me fat....I'm not a gun owner and don't even like them, but that's my response. You'll never stop crazy people.

Quote Originally Posted by cosborn View Post
    I'm wondering what the forum response would be to my suggestion that the US tighten up their gun laws, specifically, banning the general possession of hand guns. It seems to me that you guys are losing too many good people of all races?

The only hand guns we have in our society these days belong to the law enforcers, and of course the criminals,don't know how we fix that one, although the criminals seem to mainly bump each other off.

Feel free to leave a comment, I'm interested to understand how entrenched gun ownership is, and what it takes to do something about all these deaths!

Chris

Gun laws won't stop it. Look at South Chicago, some of the toughest gun laws in the US, highest murder rates in the US ( over 400 last year, how many were publicized ? ) and the lowest press coverage of their murders ( why is that ? ). If they were published, the real reasons would become obvious (and could be addressed), not legal gun ownership.

If the congregation had trained concealed carry owners, the criminal would not have been able to reload 5 times. The numerous times where CCW owners have stopped bad things from happening never make the news ( why is that ? ). If they did make the news, there would be a deterrent for future criminals ( why do criminals attack posted "Gun Free Zones" ? ). Why won't anti-2A types post "Gun Free Zone" signs on their property ?

More people are killed by doctors and hospital caused infections each year than guns. Should we outlaw doctors and hospitals ?

Unfortunately, this tragedy is a leftist's "nocturnal emission" as depicted by BHO's typical response, "We know none of the facts, yet I will open my ignorant biased yap and say American has to ban guns".

Many other tools are used to kill more people than guns in the US and no one suggests banning them. If a criminal is determined, s/he will find a tool to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by cosborn View Post

The same situation in Canada.

We just sit back and watch killing after killing in the US and shrug it off, just like most Americans do.

Why do your police need hand guns?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    The same situation in Canada.

We just sit back and watch killing after killing in the US and shrug it off, just like most Americans do.
    Must be a boring place if you sit and watch our murders. Do you tally the knivings, blunt instrument murders, strangulation murders and the use of garden implement murders?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    ... "We know none of the facts, yet I will open my ignorant biased yap and say American has to ban guns". .
    If you believe America has to ban guns, you will have to ban automobiles, automobiles kill people.
    You will have to ban fast food restaurants,
    you will have to ban ladders, crosswalks, chainsaws, knives forks, drugs, etc.

Do you know the statistics of how many law abiding citizens with a CCW have committed a crime like this?
    Of all of the similar crimes committed with a firearm, how many have "mental health" issues?

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Must be a boring place if you sit and watch our murders. Do you tally the knivings, blunt instrument murders, strangulation murders and the use of garden implement murders?
    "... According to several research studies in the last decade, a total of 225,000 Americans per year have died as a result of their medical treatments ..."

"... America's healthcare-system-induced deaths are the third leading cause of the death in the U.S., after heart disease and cancer. ..."

http://www.health-care-reform.net/causedeath.htm

The "ban guns" argument is a "anti-2A PC" versus "Fact" argument. If American deaths were the true issue, the above numbers would be all over the news, but they are not.

Your collective doctors are 64 times (2450%) more likely to kill you than someone with a gun is.

http://www.naturalnews.com/038889_do...tatistics.html

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Why do your police need hand guns?
    Thank-you...don't know who will "get" this.

Yep i agree with some of the sentiments here, and yes many people die through road trauma, medical situations but surely if you reduce access to weapons shouldn't that help in reducing the number of these crimes, yep i know there will still be the odd screwball who will attack with a knife or some other means bur surely this can be reduced.........OR IS IT TOO LATE.

Our cops now carry guns due to the Ice/drug situation and the fact that our crims still have access to firearms, couple this with the fact that we don't manage our mental cases the way we should, we have given them too much freedom and believe they should be in the community. I don't think anyone has the answer.

Interesting to note that if our Police draw their guns for any reason they answer for it and the paperwork id horrendous.

Chris