Guns, what sort of response - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Guns, what sort of response

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    Well... you'll get an education on that from this crowd, to be sure. I think they might find it interesting to hear how Australia went from a gun ownership culture to a post-gun ownership culture. Not that it would change anybody's mind, but it might help them understand that such a transition is possible for a Western industrialized country. If it wanted to. Which America doesn't and may never want to do in my lifetime, anyway.

You speak wisely my friend. If the 2A pains people so badly then they really should consider leaving. I fully accept the fact that dirt bags coexist everyday in, near and around my neighborhood, but I ain't not leavin. If me carrying a hand gun disrupts your comfort level you should really consider leaving, because you are so correct. It won't happen in yours or my lifetime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Might I suggest www.nakednews.com ????
    Based out of Canada, I think.....
    My 26 y.o. unmarried son loves that website. I can't say i blame him.
    Pretty crazy stuff.

I'll add that it's interesting how compartmentalized this forum is.
    You're either a liberal wacko or a right-wing gun toting ultra conservative. Nothing in between.

Is mainstream America similarly compartmentalized?

Quote Originally Posted by cosborn View Post
    I'm wondering what the forum response would be to my suggestion that the US tighten up their gun laws, specifically, banning the general possession of hand guns. It seems to me that you guys are losing too many good people of all races?

The only hand guns we have in our society these days belong to the law enforcers, and of course the criminals,don't know how we fix that one, although the criminals seem to mainly bump each other off.

Feel free to leave a comment, I'm interested to understand how entrenched gun ownership is, and what it takes to do something about all these deaths!

Chris
    Guns don't kill people....People Kill People........Dickie

I'm wondering what the forum response would be to my suggestion that the US tighten up their gun laws, specifically, banning the general possession of hand guns. It seems to me that you guys are losing too many good people of all races?

The only hand guns we have in our society these days belong to the law enforcers, and of course the criminals,don't know how we fix that one, although the criminals seem to mainly bump each other off.

Feel free to leave a comment, I'm interested to understand how entrenched gun ownership is, and what it takes to do something about all these deaths!

Chris

OMG did you (I can't remember) miss the other two threads relating to guns?
    Or, are you just trolling?
    I think on one of those is how we lost Limoles.
    And yes, us Americans are entrenched in gun ownership, but thanks for asking.

So if this nut had run his truck into the church and killed those people, Would we be wanting to outlaw truck ownership.. It makes about as much since!....Dickie

So the way I see it is this. Australian laws are for Australians to contemplate. Canadian laws are for Canadians to contemplate. US laws are for us to contemplate. I cannot recall anyone challenging Australian or Canadian laws. Yes, we are comfortable with our firearms laws. This is not complicated. Please have your opinions, but don't be pricks about it. No one will make his world more perfect by ragging on the members of this forum. I'm out of the gun debate here. US citizens please vote for whomever or whatever you choose, but please get out and vote.

Bill Strange

I just received my Lifetime NRA Membership card. The new open carry laws here in Texas should also be interesting to talk about.

Why 2A

I think some people are misled by the current day arguments. The Second Amendment is in the Constitution to Protect The People from the government. John Adams, I believe, said a good revolution is needed, from time to time, to clean out some of the excesses that creep into government. I am not "all for" a revolution, yet. But, if the Professional Democrats and Republicans keep infringing on my Constitutionally given rights I could change my mind.
    [SIGPIC]my son[/SIGPIC]

08 GL18A (L3) Black/Chrome
    09 Burgman (Exe) White
    13 GL18B (D) Red/Black-out
    14 GL18C (D) Black/Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by troypennock View Post
    I think some people are misled by the current day arguments. The Second Amendment is in the Constitution to Protect The People from the government. John Adams, I believe, said a good revolution is needed, from time to time, to clean out some of the excesses that creep into government. I am not "all for" a revolution, yet. But, if the Professional Democrats and Republicans keep infringing on my Constitutionally given rights I could change my mind.
    Couldn't have said it better myself...........Dickie

shooter

Chris

You know Cos , you answered your own question. You said that only law enforcement and criminals have weapons. I don't want to be the guy standing around with my Johnson in my hand. I should at least have the the same rights as the criminal. I should have the right to defend my family , my home , and my business if somone threatens my way of life. If you don't want a gun , that's OK with me. I don't care what you do as long as it doesn't affect me or mine. Oh by the way , they aren't taking our guns. There are too many guys like me. We aren't going to roll over and hand them in.