Official 1st Annual F6B Rally - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Official 1st Annual F6B Rally

Cool Help - Suggestions needed

In the past, some of us from the Rune board have gone to rally's and it is all set up...where you are going to eat, when, where you are going and how, and when....I have personally set up many of these rides and they went well...Here is the deal...Where do yall want to go, what do you want to see, what kinds of roads to you want to be on...our we site seeing, riding twisty's , spending the day on the Blue Ridge or do you want to try to scare yourself??? I have made up three rides as of now...day one to the Dragon, twisty roads and BBQ dinner , lite lunch at the Dragon for those who need a snack...back to the motel for tire kickin...
    Sat...ride to Maggie Valley to see the Wheels thru Time or eat across the street if you are not interested...back to the motel for some who have had enough and have a cookout at the Motel and then there will be some door prizes to auction off as well ( to be announced )...for those who want to ride longer, jump on the Blue Ridge to Cherokee and back to the motel....
    Sun, Ride some twisty's, ride the blue ridge and eat dinner at the Dillard House in Dillard GA...

Bottom line NONE of this is in stone....Some may not want to ride in a group, some may want to do their own thing, some want to site see.....it is YOUR RALLY and at the end YOU should be happy!

I am looking for suggestions as to what some may want to do...I currently have two others who are willing to lead a ride if needed. If someone from this group has a ideal and wants to do something as well,...post it so when we get there ...we know what will happen....We leave on rides each day at 9:00 yes I know this is late but some of us are on vacation as well....YOU SHOULD GAS UP THE NIGHT BEFORE, and be ready to leave as well.....It is difficult to hold back 20 - 25 riders because you overslept or did not fuel up the night before... There will be a truck and trailer if anyone has mechanical issues as well...

Any thoughts ????????????????
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    In the past, some of us from the Rune board have gone to rally's and it is all set up...where you are going to eat, when, where you are going and how, and when....I have personally set up many of these rides and they went well...Here is the deal...Where do yall want to go, what do you want to see, what kinds of roads to you want to be on...our we site seeing, riding twisty's , spending the day on the Blue Ridge or do you want to try to scare yourself??? I have made up three rides as of now...day one to the Dragon, twisty roads and BBQ dinner , lite lunch at the Dragon for those who need a snack...back to the motel for tire kickin...
    Sat...ride to Maggie Valley to see the Wheels thru Time or eat across the street if you are not interested...back to the motel for some who have had enough and have a cookout at the Motel and then there will be some door prizes to auction off as well ( to be announced )...for those who want to ride longer, jump on the Blue Ridge to Cherokee and back to the motel....
    Sun, Ride some twisty's, ride the blue ridge and eat dinner at the Dillard House in Dillard GA...

Bottom line NONE of this is in stone....Some may not want to ride in a group, some may want to do their own thing, some want to site see.....it is YOUR RALLY and at the end YOU should be happy!

I am looking for suggestions as to what some may want to do...I currently have two others who are willing to lead a ride if needed. If someone from this group has a ideal and wants to do something as well,...post it so when we get there ...we know what will happen....We leave on rides each day at 9:00 yes I know this is late but some of us are on vacation as well....YOU SHOULD GAS UP THE NIGHT BEFORE, and be ready to leave as well.....It is difficult to hold back 20 - 25 riders because you overslept or did not fuel up the night before... There will be a truck and trailer if anyone has mechanical issues as well...

Any thoughts ????????????????
    MACHANICAL ISSUES?!!!!!!

Oh wait!!!! Are there going to be Harley's there?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    MACHANICAL ISSUES?!!!!!!

Oh wait!!!! Are there going to be Harley's there?

Daaaaaayummmmm

Cherahola Skyway

While in the Robinsville area for the dragon the Cherahola Skyway over to Telico Plains is a great ride with scenery. I plan on riding up early Friday morning and plan to meet the group before 9 at the hotel.

Scott

We are good with what you have for sure. Like you said before if we ride the dragon then Friday is the day. Will likely still be pretty busy but better than the w/e. We be flexible. Looking forward to riding, relaxing, meeting you folks and talking F6B with F6B folks. FYI. I went on a charity ride this w/e in Cleveland, TN. At least 60 bikes: 1 Yamaha, 2 Vulcans, and zero Honda's period. All the rest Harleys. I rode my Victory on this one but did wear my new F6B shirt. No one would acknowledge the shirt unless they caught me off to the side and then ask me about it. It was strange, strange in deed. Yes. We certainly be looking forward to seeing you guys.

My vote for Saturday is :

1) Spending Saturday morning in Maggie Valley at Wheels Through Time Museum.

2) Lunch in Maggie Valley

3) Saturday afternoon riding Wayne Bush's : A Sport Bike Loop

To find out more about this ride go to : www.smokymountainrider.com

After you have read the first page scroll back to the top of the page and find Topics on the upper right hand side.

Click on "Maps" under topics.

Scroll down to : Best Motorcycle Rides In North Carolina ___ A Sport Bike Loop

He gives detailed directions on the roads, the turns and what to expect.

Then ... eventuality head toward the Microtel in Franklin

Cool

I'm thinkin dinner Thur night at, http://www.jarretthouse.com/aboutus.asp?id06=57
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I just booked my hotel room. How many people do we have committed to attend this event?

Bike WASH at the MiroTel motel

Hey Phantom and Steve, can one of you gentlemen please check with the rally motel and ask them if they would please have a bike washing station outside somewhere, so we can wash or clean our bikes ??????

I recently stayed at a Super 8 in Bozeman, Montana, and they had a bike washing station all set up, with a hose, nozzle, washing bucket, a gallon of washing soap, a lot of rags to wash and to dry, even tire spray stuff. I was impressed, used it (which I normall would not do, but I had a lot of free time), and I thanked them for having this.

Most motels already know that they need things like this, to avoid the riders using the motel towels to clean their bikes.

Please ask them.

Thank you,

cwjj2001

I hotel is getting booked up FAST....some folks will end up looking for a room if they dont hurry......

Miles....done oh Miles, did you see the 3 rd and 4 th set of E/C lights in the trailer???