Opinions on Rivco Aero Pegs? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Rivco Aero Pegs?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    Did any of you guys notice a purple tint to the coating? It didn't quite match the black on the engine.
    Or was my set just a fluke?
    I noticed that and it would be an additional reason for me to go with chrome if I bought a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    Did any of you guys notice a purple tint to the coating? It didn't quite match the black on the engine.
    Or was my set just a fluke?
    No fluke, I'm afraid. There has been quite a bit of discussion on this already. Apparently, I'm not all that picky because the slight purple hue doesn't bother me at all. What has bothered me is opening them with my shoes. I found that challenging so I'm experimenting with some black rubber tips that are stuck on the bottom, outside end of the pegs. So far, so good, but I may attach something more permanently similar to what Steve 0080 did. Overall, the Aero's are great IMHO.

Cool

The set I bought do seem to match ...my problem is even when I have them set to the rear I am still straight legged.....no good. I did drill and tap a nut to be able to " grab " the extension with and this works great !!!

I have mine for sale in the classifieds section....I'm thinking $250 + $12 for shipping......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I recently had a replacement peg and mount sent out to replace my left peg. The replacement was a lot less black then my original pair and looked even more purple. Seems to be an inconsistent finishing process? They should all be the same color I would think? Looks like different batches have different tints to them. I will be getting mine powder coated over the winter for a better match.

I installed the Rivco pegs today. They are a quality piece and much better than the chincy plastic chrome cover they replaced. The black anodized coloring seems fine to me, but I haven't looked at it in direct sunlight yet. Even if they are a sightly different shade of black it's still fine with me. I have no problem opening them with my boots and it seems they will work well for my 30" inseam and allow me to stretch my legs out on the highway as needed. About to take a test ride with them now.

shooter
    Giddy I'm 6'1" and I have mine in the middle position and they fit perfect. 31" inseam. I like them. Low profile and nice looking. I have the chrome ones.

I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam. I think the pegs are a quality piece however the placement puts them up a little higher than I would like for most cruising. Its a nice option for changing your footing but based on other reviews I'm assuming that I would be better suited with some Kury Ergos since they are lower on the engine guard.

I'm 6-3 and long of leg. I love my Rivco pegs...haven't used them on a long trip, but will next week during my 2500 mile trip to Franklin. I like them because they offer a secondary riding position, and look very good on the bike. I only use them for short periods when I get tired on the stock pegs.

Buy them. Nothing else better out there IMO. The purpleish color will not bother you

Quote Originally Posted by MinnetonkaMike View Post
    I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam. I think the pegs are a quality piece however the placement puts them up a little higher than I would like for most cruising. Its a nice option for changing your footing but based on other reviews I'm assuming that I would be better suited with some Kury Ergos since they are lower on the engine guard.

Yep, Ergos sit lower on the engine guard which is exactly why I went with them. Not as low as Mic-o-pegs, but low enough for a comfortable stretch. EZ to flip up and down and look great. Very happy with em.
    Look forward to seeing many of you in Franklin (wherever that is)
    Stick