Opinions on Rivco Aero Pegs? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Rivco Aero Pegs?

I like them, they get plenty of interested stares from other riders. I'm 6' 32" inseam and I like them in forward most position. They will not scrape or touch down in turns.

I even rode thru the Dragon with them on:

Attachment 7790Attachment 7791Attachment 7792

They definitely have purpluish hiew in direct sunlight but not a deal breaker in my opinion. They are one of my favorite mods!

I love'em !!
    I am five eleven and set them in the center.
    Beautiful they are and worth the money in my opinion.

I'm happy with mine too ! At 5'9" (used to be 5'10" ), the most rearward position is perfect!
    Ken (Hornblower)

Thinking of ordering these soon. Are they easy to open and close while riding? They look like they would be very difficult to open while riding. What are the owners experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    Thinking of ordering these soon. Are they easy to open and close while riding? They look like they would be very difficult to open while riding. What are the owners experiences?
    Just reach down at a light or at home and open them up before you ride.I was just using them on the highway but find I am using them on the back roads also.So now I just leave them open all the time
    Ride it like you stole it

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post

Reportedly, some have no issue with this but then again, some do. Honestly, I found it difficult to catch and open them with the top of my boot. The fix is as simple as drilling and tapping the ends and installing something like this:

Aero Peg Mod.jpg

What you're seeing is a socket head cap screw. Ideally, a bottom tap tool will work best to make the threads. It doesn't take much at all to provide an adequate grip for your boot. And, BTW, the Aero's do have a purple hue but not nearly as much as my camera made it appear.
    Ken (Hornblower)

I don't know why, but I was under the impression the sprung closed when you weren't using them. How would you close them if you wanted them closed while riding?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoon64 View Post
    I don't know why, but I was under the impression the sprung closed when you weren't using them. How would you close them if you wanted them closed while riding?
    Closing them is easier.Just push them closed with your foot
    Ride it like you stole it

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Yep, Ergos sit lower on the engine guard which is exactly why I went with them. Not as low as Mic-o-pegs, but low enough for a comfortable stretch. EZ to flip up and down and look great. Very happy with em.
    Look forward to seeing many of you in Franklin (wherever that is)
    Stick
    I have been struggling to find the right parts for the Ergos, and stuggling with the difference between the II and III versions. Any help appreciated..

*also* worried about these getting super hot in the summer.. Boots required I take it

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoon64 View Post
    Your impression is incorrect...no closing spring involved with the Aero pegs. The only spring, in this design, is located under a plastic ball which operates as part of a detent system that simply holds the pegs in an open or closed position.
    Ken (Hornblower)