Opinions on Rivco Aero Pegs? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Opinions on Rivco Aero Pegs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoon64 View Post
    I don't know why, but I was under the impression the sprung closed when you weren't using them. How would you close them if you wanted them closed while riding?
    They close manually with your foot or other dangling body part.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    I like them, they get plenty of interested stares from other riders. I'm 6' 32" inseam and I like them in forward most position. They will not scrape or touch down in turns.

I even rode thru the Dragon with them on:

Attachment 7790Attachment 7791Attachment 7792

They definitely have purpluish hiew in direct sunlight but not a deal breaker in my opinion. They are one of my favorite mods!
    Hey cool hand,

Thanks for the great pics. So , do you wish they were lower? Your legs look high up there in the pics. I'm 6' , 34" inseam.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    Hey cool hand,

Thanks for the great pics. So , do you wish they were lower? Your legs look high up there in the pics. I'm 6' , 34" inseam.
    They do seem a bit high, don't they? They are comfortable. On my '07 GW I had different forward pegs mounted lower and they were great, but they also scraped in even light turns. I had to remember to fold them up. These don't touch down at all.

I guess I got used to these just fine. Sometimes I ride for a long time with my feet on them. It may be the combination of foot pegs and Mustang seat that works for me.

You know, one can also get both sets of forward pegs, these and engine protector bar- mounted ones. That way one can have two positions for feet.

What I like about these is the stealth factor. I can easily open and close them while riding, no problem. These look like the bike came with them on stock.

I just remembered the other forward pegs I had on GW made me touch the hot engine with my legs sometimes. With these I can't touch the hot engine at all, probably due to being higher up.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    Thinking of ordering these soon. Are they easy to open and close while riding? They look like they would be very difficult to open while riding. What are the owners experiences?
    I installed the Rivco pegs this week and got a chance to ride with them for about an hour. I have no problem opening and closing these with my boots while riding. I know others have mentioned that they can't seem to do it, but it seems easy for me. There is an adjustment for tension and maybe the other folks have the tension too tight. Also, these are high enough on the bike that you could just leave them open all the time on regular rides. It would be pretty hard to scrape these on normal turns. These pegs work great for stretching out your legs and I find them extremely comfortable. I was initially put off by the high price, but they are truly a quality product and look like they came on the bike from the factory. Love the stealth look and the functionality. One of the best accessories I've added so far.

was concerned about removing parts, valve cover?

I was concerned when I bought these that I'd have to remove some critical engine part to install these.

Not Even! it was super easy and took me 30 minutes. 2 allen wrenches, 1 large flat screwdriver & a old t-shirt to cover the tip of the screwdriver...

I'm 6'2", 32" inseam and I mounted these in the full forward position. They are great, I can put my foot either on the peg or rest the back of my heel on the peg and "Air out my Junk" , absolutely wonderful!

Apparently, the color problem has been corrected as mine are "black" not purple (or so I thought but I cant tell the difference between blue and black socks, So?)

I also thought that the position looked high, but my former ride, a Suzuki Boulevard had highway pegs and I had them about the same height off the ground..

I can also open these with my boot, or by reaching down and grabbing them by hand, tried it yesterday while cruising down US23. No Problem...

I recommend this product !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo