A Fool and his Money
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Fool and his Money

Talking A Fool and his Money

Oh Well! Being an Old School guy with a lack of knowledge on all this high tech stuff has its disadvantages. As it turned out I spent more than I needed to on putting my own tunes on the 6 but that was just pure ignorance to the capabilities that this music system on the 6 is able to achieve. I bought the Sony NWZ-385 with a power-cord package and finally got my home PC figured out to sync some music to it. I put 20 CD's on it last night and took it out and plugged it into the USB in the left pod. OMG unbelievable music came out of the speakers with engine running. The Sony is very small at 3 and 1/2 inches long, 1 and 3/4 inches wide and just a tad over 3/8 inch thick in its protective case that came with the cord package. The package contained the hookup for the USB port so I definitely need it.
    Loading the Sony is a little time consuming but the results were worth it. I can play individual albums or just set it for a mixed of every tune I loaded in and with 20 CD 275 song and just a little over 1 GB used on a over 14 GB system I don't think I need anything else. I also can take it with me as it has a 30 hour battery in it and plug in the headset so its versatile. You can do this cheaper, no doubt but at least I am happy with the outcome of the money I spent. All's well that ends well. But boy I sure have to beat myself up getting this hi tech stuff to work.

Sounds familiar to me Kevin....at least you had a good outcome and are happy. It wasn't a waste in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Oh Well! Being an Old School guy with a lack of knowledge on all this high tech stuff has its disadvantages. As it turned out I spent more than I needed to on putting my own tunes on the 6 but that was just pure ignorance to the capabilities that this music system on the 6 is able to achieve. I bought the Sony NWZ-385 with a power-cord package and finally got my home PC figured out to sync some music to it. I put 20 CD's on it last night and took it out and plugged it into the USB in the left pod. OMG unbelievable music came out of the speakers with engine running. The Sony is very small at 3 and 1/2 inches long, 1 and 3/4 inches wide and just a tad over 3/8 inch thick in its protective case that came with the cord package. The package contained the hookup for the USB port so I definitely need it.
    Loading the Sony is a little time consuming but the results were worth it. I can play individual albums or just set it for a mixed of every tune I loaded in and with 20 CD 275 song and just a little over 1 GB used on a over 14 GB system I don't think I need anything else. I also can take it with me as it has a 30 hour battery in it and plug in the headset so its versatile. You can do this cheaper, no doubt but at least I am happy with the outcome of the money I spent. All's well that ends well. But boy I sure have to beat myself up getting this hi tech stuff to work.
    As long as you can make it work over time and are happy with it? It's money well spent.
    Do not beat yourself up about technology - it's merely yet another tool in the toolbox.
    Find what works for you and use it.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Post Now I'm overloaded

But that's good, 493 tunes on the mp3 Sony, 40 CD's and only 2.4 GB used out of 14.4 GB and I am really impressed with the tone quality coming out of this Sony though the Panasonic unit. Very rich tone and very full bodied music. Never thought that the little bitty Sony would produce such nice sounds. I have put everything on it as I have a very wide range of music I like. So I was scanning all the different tunes to see if one was better than the others but they are all just very nice tone quality. I am not so sad about the price I paid anymore.

Am I missing something? I looked up the unit you posted and it's like what, about $50? No money wasted there.

Its pricey

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Am I missing something? I looked up the unit you posted and it's like what, about $50? No money wasted there.
    Compared to the thumb drive that holds 27000 songs for $15 bucks yeah the Sony is pricey but I have the one that is more expensive as it has a 30 hour battery and I paid $78 dollars for it. But its working so I am a happy camper and astounded at the quality of music coming out of the speakers on my unit..... So no harm no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Compared to the thumb drive that holds 27000 songs for $15 bucks yeah the Sony is pricey but I have the one that is more expensive as it has a 30 hour battery and I paid $78 dollars for it. But its working so I am a happy camper and astounded at the quality of music coming out of the speakers on my unit..... So no harm no foul.
    Oh, ok. Compared to an iPod you came out ahead.

Why do you need anything but the USB stick?

I still can't get mine to work right. I've tried making 8 folders w/ 99 songs in each. No luck. I've tried 255 songs in 1 folder. It will get to song 143 or 144 and not play anymore. I've tried a 16 GB, a 4 GB and an 8GB. It's the same story always. I have to start at #1 again. The only thing it plays after 144 is a little 3 second tune that I can't even describe. Has anyone EVER had this problem yet? Is there a software update available that I'm not aware of? Thanks ya'll.

Quote Originally Posted by junkyarddog View Post
    I still can't get mine to work right. I've tried making 8 folders w/ 99 songs in each. No luck. I've tried 255 songs in 1 folder. It will get to song 143 or 144 and not play anymore. I've tried a 16 GB, a 4 GB and an 8GB. It's the same story always. I have to start at #1 again. The only thing it plays after 144 is a little 3 second tune that I can't even describe. Has anyone EVER had this problem yet? Is there a software update available that I'm not aware of? Thanks ya'll.

Is all of the music the same format?
    My first few attempts didn't work, played around with it for a while, found that if all of the music is in the same format, things worked fine.
    I used this link for a reference: http://wingstuff.k7tty.com/index.htm