Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
Oh Well! Being an Old School guy with a lack of knowledge on all this high tech stuff has its disadvantages. As it turned out I spent more than I needed to on putting my own tunes on the 6 but that was just pure ignorance to the capabilities that this music system on the 6 is able to achieve. I bought the Sony NWZ-385 with a power-cord package and finally got my home PC figured out to sync some music to it. I put 20 CD's on it last night and took it out and plugged it into the USB in the left pod. OMG unbelievable music came out of the speakers with engine running. The Sony is very small at 3 and 1/2 inches long, 1 and 3/4 inches wide and just a tad over 3/8 inch thick in its protective case that came with the cord package. The package contained the hookup for the USB port so I definitely need it.
Loading the Sony is a little time consuming but the results were worth it. I can play individual albums or just set it for a mixed of every tune I loaded in and with 20 CD 275 song and just a little over 1 GB used on a over 14 GB system I don't think I need anything else. I also can take it with me as it has a 30 hour battery in it and plug in the headset so its versatile. You can do this cheaper, no doubt but at least I am happy with the outcome of the money I spent. All's well that ends well. But boy I sure have to beat myself up getting this hi tech stuff to work.
As long as you can make it work over time and are happy with it? It's money well spent.
Do not beat yourself up about technology - it's merely yet another tool in the toolbox.
Find what works for you and use it.